Home Buying in Metro West>Question Details

Capital Inve…, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

I'm thinking of purchasing into the Hamptons development in Metrowest. And I have read that they were having some problems with the building

Asked by Capital Investor, Orlando, FL Sat Feb 20, 2010

code and a lawsuit against the developer. When I visited the development, it seems the problems are fixed as I don't see any temporary supports or patches outside the building. Can anyone shed any light on this development? Thanks

Answers

11
I'm with Dave, don't do it.
Web Reference: http://condometropolis.com
Thanks for the advises so any feedback from the locals is much appreciated.

Is it ok to elaborate more on why this complex should be avoided? Any ideas whether all the building codes violation identified has been remediated?

Would the Element or the Madison be better development to be considered? Are there other similar price complex in Metrowest that should be consider instead? Or is it really a case of you get what you pay for?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 20, 2010
My girlfriend and I have lived her almost 2 years and I must say it's been 2 years too long. We moved here from PA and thought the place was great at first then all of a sudden we were told there would be construction on all the apartment buildings. Construction is ok but when they come in tear your windows out, put up plastic walls that are see through and walk around all day half inside your apartment doing construction for several months the noise gets old really fast. We had no notice of this when we signed the lease so unfortunately for our landlord we were let out of lease.

We decided to give them another chance by moving into another apartment which the construction was already finished. Well shortly after we moved into here the owners from upstairs decided they would start their own construction of the unit. We moved in here in January, it is now November and they are still doing the construction daily. I have to literally yell at them to stop or call the office or security.

I can honestly say if you move here you will not have a peaceful month, let alone week in your apartment. Between all the do it yourselfers doing construction on their own places and apartment maintenance doing so-called "checks" of damage, fire safety, etc you will not have peace. Oh and if you aren't home they don't care they tell you they better have a copy of your keys or they will charge you to replace the locks.

I could go on and on about this place but basically what it boils down to is.....STAY AWAY!!!! They don't respect your privacy or peace even if you pay $1150 a month for rent. We are moving as soon as our lease is up!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 15, 2014
And one more thing... former owner here again, I WILL NEVER BUY A CONDO AGAIN.... I should also mention my HOA doubled in 2 years, and then I got assessed every year as well, which doubled it again... it was ridiculous how much money I was paying for HOA. They also busted 2 crack houses and a prostitution ring while I lived there, another girl came home to find someone in her apt robbing her, he got through the gate pretending to deliver pizza, cops came to my door one night looking for someone (I was in a one bedroom apt no roomies), and a one night a date came to pick me up and said he just saw a drug deal go down right outside my building....

While condo's seem like DEAL, especially now that the price has gone down, remember the HOA can raise every year and they can assess you whenever they deem necessary.... spend the xtra money and buy a house!!!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 19, 2010
I am a former owner of a condo at the Hamptons at MetroWest... I filed bankruptcy, was discharged in June 2009 and in Feb 2010, they filed with a collection agency trying to get almost $7000 in HOA dues, which puts them in direct violation of discharge.... so I am now talking with my attorney about a lawsuit against them for violation. Read http://www2.orlandoweekly.com/news/story.asp?id=435 They knew in 2005 there were problems with mold, and they sold units anyway.
THEY ARE THE WORST - MAJOR LAWSUITS, MOLD, ABESTOS, CHINESE DRYWALL, AND THEY KNOW IT!!!

STAY - AWAY!!!

THEIR CODE ENFORCEMENT AND LAW SUITS PROBLEMS KEEP CONTINUEING BECAUSE THEY JUST PAINT OVER THEM, THE DEVELOPERS ARE BREAKING ALL THE RULES AND THE HOA ARE CROOKS!!!

HOA $280.00 PER MONTH - BIG RIPP-OFF!!!

MANY OF FAMILIES HAVE WON LAWSUITS AGAINST "THE HAMPTONS AT METROWEST" IN 2005, 2006, 2007,2008, 2009, AND 2010, READ PUBLIC RECORDS!!!
as an investor you don't want to be fooled into buying a place that you would later regret. the hampton is experiencing major issues but you should at least call to hear whats going on.. shotty construction is a standard here in orlando regardless of where you go. no laws to keep an eye on developers. the developers for the hamptons have been exposed and believe, justice will be served. also, u want great security we have 24/7 round the clock, with guards, pool and all the other amenities. as an owner, just call our on site realtor in our management office 407-313-3570. do you homework, lots of properties are experiencing issues. at least we know what going on from the top down...
I like The Element and Serenata as my top picks for investing, if you need help contact me through my profile here on Trulia.

Hope this helps,

Broker Dave
GRI, ePRO, Real Estate Broker & Realtor

Visit my Bio located here on Trulia, just scroll your mouse over my picture and left click, also visit my website for our short sale information center, complete foreclosure list and innovative tools helping with your real estate decision in the Central Florida area.

Community & Family Values
Web Reference: http://OrlandoHomeStore.com
I too have been to the Hamptons several times and it used to be a great community as the other realtors have said but sadly that is no longer true. I would check into Cypress Fairway which is a nice community off of Kirkman and their Home Owners Association is in order.

There are also 3 or 4 other communites I would highly recommend right in the Kirkman/Universal area where other clients of mine have bought at a great price and are very happy. Contact me and I will send you my recommended listings for that area.
Web Reference: http://www.devivorealty.com
HAMPTONS IS A GREAT COMMUNITY THAT ONCE WAS ONE OF THE HOTTEST IN ORLANDO. THEY DO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH SOME BUILDINGS AND SOME UNITS HAVE MOLD, SO YOU WANT TO STAY AWAY FROM THOSE. HOWEVER THER ARE SOME EXCELLENT OPPORTYINITIES IN THE TOWN HOMES SECTION THAT MUST BE CONCIDERED. PLEASE DO CONTACT ME AND I'LL BE HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR INVESTMENT NEEDS. YOU MAY CALL ME AT 407-403-6778
I don't show these at all, there are problems that cannot be fixed.

Hope this helps,

Broker Dave
GRI, ePRO, Real Estate Broker & Realtor

Community & Family Values