Home Buying in Reunion>Question Details

Ellen Archer, Home Buyer in Reunion, FL

I'm thinking of purchasing at Assembly Ct in Reunion and was wondering if there are CDD fees there; the listings I have say no.

Asked by Ellen Archer, Reunion, FL Sat Jan 1, 2011

What other fees are attached to owning a townhouse here other than the HOA? Does anyone know what the HOA covers for this area (Carriage Pointe)? Thanks!

Answers

4
Hi Ellen,

Yes, Reunion has the most expensive CDD in Osceola County. If the listing you have specifically says no rather than blank, then who is ever listing it is not at all familiar with Reunion. The original developer pulled a fast one on buyers here with that one. It will take decades to pay off the bond portion of the CDD and the maintenance portion will last forever. It is trully hard to believe that these once sold for up to $500,000 each. That said, they are nice units and prices under $100,000 are very attractive for Reunion. Just keep in mind that the HOA plus CDD is a fixed cost of over $500 a month and that will not be going down. If you can live with that, then by all means go for it.

I'd be happy to help you acquire one and show you alternatives in the area, if you are interested.

Mark LeMenager
Find your next house with the click of a mouse.
Search the MLS without obligation or registration from my website.
Forget about the fees, I am renting here because I thought that I would enjoy tranquility, apparently I am the only one who got a background check. Some one rented the apartment next door to mine to some idiots, now We get cars in and out with loud music, people screaming and cursing for fun day and night. I just hope this is a short term rental, last one there was for a month. Whoever is renting apartment 890 is desperate and would rent to anyone.
Hi Ellen,

You can look up the address on the tax collector's website to discover the exact amount of the annual CDD payment, go here to the property appraiser's office first to find the owner name or parcel number to search the tax collector website:

http://www.ocpafl.org

then pull up the property by property id or owner name and then click on the Non-Advalorem taxes to find the Community Development District Tax (CDD):

http://www.octaxcol.com/PropertyTaxSearch/

You can actually contact the management firm for the CDD as listed on tax collectors site and they will give you complete details and even a payoff figure if you want to pay off the CDD municipal bond portion early. They can also tell you the maturity date of the bond and the interest rate so you will know how long the property will be encumbered with the extra "bond portion" of the CDD Tax.

Hope this helps.

Alma
Actually there are the fee for the Reunion East CDD is $2106/ year. This is included in the Tax Bill. If you email me separately I can send you a tax bill showing this CDD broke down for a unit we have listed in Carriage Pointe 888 Assembly. This unit has never been lived in and is on the golf course priced at $105,000. Our firm is located on site in Reunion Resort and I live in the community as well. I