Home Buying in Greenwich>Question Details

Anna Lewando…, Both Buyer and Seller in Stamford, CT

I'm thinking of Purchasing a home in Stamford CT. What are the benefits of living in Stamford. Does Stamford have a nice beach? Library, Etc...

Asked by Anna Lewandowska, Stamford, CT Sun Oct 16, 2011

Answers

7
Laura Feghali’s answer
Hello Anna,
Yes, Stamford does have 3 public beaches: Cove Island Park, Cummings Beach, and West Beach. The city has their main branch of the library downtown and also a few satellite branches in other neighborhoods to serve the residents.

Stamford offers a variety of housing to accommodate almost everyone's budget. There are many neighborhoods to select from that offer different amenities. Many residents enjoy the lively downtown area that offers numerous restaurants, shops, cultural centers, movie theaters, and the mall. There are many public parks throughout the city for enjoyment as well.

Stamford boasts 3 train stations for easier commuting as well as some neighborhoods with a walk-to-train location.

Taxes are lower than most communities and with a wide range of home prices to choose from it makes Stamford a great choice to consider as your home.

Do check out the city's website at: http://www.cityofstamford.org for more information.

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 17, 2011
Stamford has plenty of nice beaches. Nice library right in Downtown Stamford. Stamford is much less expensive then the bordering towns Darien and Greenwich. If you like city life it has a real downtown with plenty of resturants, bars, etc... You might consider Greenwich as a alternative. Greenwich has a great library, YMCA, Beach, Greenwich Ave...The taxes are super low compared to any other towns in Fairfield and Westchester County. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions or for a tour of both cities.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 16, 2011
Hi Anna,
I service all of Fairifeld County and am happy to give you information on Stamford.
There are 2 public beaches in Stamford: Cove Island Beach and Cummings Park. Here is the link to them
http://www.cityofstamford.org/content/25/52/138/164/711/9484…
The benefits to living in Stamford are the following: A rich resource of Municipal amenities (including a large library), a thriving cultural community of theaters, restaurants, events, festivals, etc... Stamford has a growing economic base with many companies now moving from NYC to Stamford. Stamford's proximity to NYC, being only one train stop from Manahttan (on the express trains), is an important factor for property values and active real estate market.
I recommend you visit the town of Stamford website for a host of useful information.
I am happy to furnish you with surrounding town info as well.
If you are currently not working with a Realtor, I would be happy to show you around town/s and take you into some homes on the market.
Call me anytime at 203-218-6664.
Thanks very much,
Lisa Jones
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 17, 2011
I live in a community called Dolphin Cove and it has its own private beach. It is a wonderful area on the boarderline of Old Greenwich and Stamford. My house is for sale (Lorraine Leonard/Keller Williams). You can look it up on her website - 22 Half Moon Way, Stamford, CT.
Hello Anna,
You already got a lot of good answers!
I am from Holland and my question to you would be...where do you live now? do you have children?
Have you ever been in Old Greenwich? Very multi culture community! the library is awsome and the beach (3 miles walk)is unbelievable in summer and winter.
So, I am a realtor in Greenwich and Stamford. Like every one else I will be welcoming your phone call or email and are looking forward to showing you homes. Good luck with your decision.My phone number is 203 252 0107 or email marialentegaanderse@gmail.com. with ease, joy and glory.
Anna:

Stamford is a bustling community with a vibrant downtown, featuring numerous shops, mall, and restaurants as well as Shippan Point and Cove Beach. Stamford has a public library located in the downtown area. Stamford consists of many different real estate market areas: North Stamford, Westover, Turn of River, Springdale, Mid-City and the downtown area.

So, yes there are many benefits to living in Stamford, including quick access to the Merritt Parkway and I-95, depending on which location you live in Stamford. Stamford is approximately 40-45 minutes from NYC.

Hope this helps...if you have any additional questions, you can contact me at george.bakes@cbmoves.com.

Thank you.

George Bakes
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Web Reference: http://www.georgebakes.net
Anna,
The town of Stamford website link has been updated http://www.ci.stamford.ct.us/
You will find beach,school & library locations on the town website.
Feel free to call me with questions.

Hannelore Kaplan
CHAIRMAN'S ELITE TOP 10 CT AGENT
Mobile: (914) 450-3880
Email: Hannelore.Kaplan@raveis.com
Website: http://hannelore.vflyer.com/home/flyer/home/42360024