Home Buying in San Francisco>Question Details

Laura, Home Buyer in Walnut Creek, CA

I'm thinking about relocating to San Francisco but I don't know the area.

Asked by Laura, Walnut Creek, CA Mon Dec 2, 2013

The city is too expensive to purchase a home so I am looking for something more affordable in the suburbs. Any suggestions for towns. I am thinking in the 300K-400K range

Answers

8
Laura,

I'm a San Francisco native and oddly enough spent some time living in Walnut Creek as well. I would be more than happy to chat with you further about your situation, what you may be looking for specifically, and give you some advice based on additional details. Feel free to call or email offline anytime! I’m always happy to be a trusted resource for all things real estate in San Francisco and the Bay Area.

All the best and good luck with your search!

Aaron Bellings
Realtor, Vanguard Properties
Aaron@vanguardsf.com
BRE #01915431
415-601-3000
I agree with Alex Greer get pre-approved first, then you will know what your range is. Also have you looked just outside of San Francisco, you'll get more for your money.

Dannan Cherry

Regional Manager
Handy Dandy Moving

(888) 936-6832

http://www.handydandymoving.com/
The best advice i can give you is to get pre-approved for a loan. Also, you're going to have a hard time finding a home near SF for that price range unfortunately. The housing market in SF is crazy hot right now but it has cooled in areas such as Sacramento where you would have no problem finding a home in your price range. Hope that helps!

Jason Walter

REALTOR® - lic #01923240
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - lic #103885
Hammer Real Estate Group
jasonwalter.re@gmail.com
cell ph (916) 716-1341
It is a very dangerous game to think what you range is. The first step in the home buying process is to get pre-approved so that you KNOW what your price range is. You don't want to fall in love with a home and find out you can't buy it.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
I know the city like the back of my hand and will be happy to chat with you about this great town.
The bay area have too much to offer. My suggestion would be for you to do a short term rental (possibly 6 months or less). Use this time to find out which city you like best. At the same time, discuss with your lender regarding your purchase power. Once you have chosen the city or location, that is when you start looking for suitable houses within your range.

Best of luck.
Hello, Which part of the Bay Area do you want to live in ? do you want to live close to work, family ?
What type of neighborhood are you looking for ?....so many choices
I lived in the Bay Area for over 30 years and I'm happy to help you with the selections of neighborhood.

Lucky Chan
Real Estate Broker
Lucky@luckychan.com
415 337 7110
Laura,

In order to intelligently answer your question would need to know what type of property - condo, house, etc... - and how many beds and baths. With this information we could offer some suggestions.

Lance R. King - Founder/Managing Broker
King Realty Group

DRE # 01384425
415.722.5549 - Cell
lance@king-realtygroup.com