Home Buying in Mission Hills>Question Details

Irene, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

I'm thinking aboout buying a home next to a vacant lot next to a freeway--nooise is miinimal--but the lot

Asked by Irene, Los Angeles, CA Wed Jul 22, 2009

next door runns lenghtwise from front to back along the border of the bottom of freeway (10 by 300 feet) what would someoone do with a wedge of land between the freeway and a house? How does this affect the purchase price--what if the owners of land use it for some weird things that affect the hoousse? Shoould I even bother?

Answers

1
Dorene Slavitz (213) 814-5238’s answer
Dear Irene,
The freeway proximity would be a "nuisance" and something that will effect the property values of that house permanently. Right now, there is a huge battle going on, because our 405 freeways need to be expanded to accomodate the traffic..and guess what happens to nearby home owners when the city has to do this?
With the number of homes available right now, there is no reason to take a risk like this. If you were my client, I would advise against it.