Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

fam.benen4, Home Buyer in Miami, FL

I'm searching for a property in Miami and realtors are not really interested?? i feel like I'm trying to buy but they don't want to sell??????

Asked by fam.benen4, Miami, FL Tue Apr 9, 2013

Answers

21
ciao_carlo’s answer
I am happy you wrote this post. I was just recently told that it would be hard to find a home within 100,000$ and it seems as though the level of interest is very low; however, after looking through Trulia I found very nice places for under 100,000$.

I am a foreign buyer and am looking for an agent who is driven to find a good investment property for us.

What we want:

Condominium/Townhome : Anything with very low maintenance
Good Location within trendy neighbourhoods and close to beach
Safe/Low Crime Rate
Renovations are fine

To note:
Because I am foreign buyer I would need to be acquainted with all the fees associated with the home. If it helps I am a Canadian from Montreal.

If you are interested, please e-mail me.
ciao_carlo@hotmail.com
Hello, this is Maria Diaz from Coldwell Banker , you can reach me at 3056390445 or by email :
marilindiaz@gmail.com Good Luck Maria Diaz
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 20, 2013
Some realtors are selective and either prefer more high end buyers, or don't want to sell in a particular community or town. But i heard this complaint from several buyers in the past.
This is a HOT market. It is very competitive with bidding wars occurring since there is low inventory. if you want to get into a successful transaction,then it is important to adjust with the market if the limits are within your boundaries. Also, a good realtor knows the pulse of the community and can give you good advice in order to make the deal happen. So it is important to have a good rapport with who you choose to work with.
I have sold properties with a range of prices and have a good knowledge of the market. i am analytical with a media research background and can assist you in interpreting data that will lead you to fair offer and clinch the deal. Please contact as I would like to assist with your search and find the property that you desire.
Paul Heller
Prudential Florida Realty
19056 N.E. 29th Avenue
Aventura, FL 33180
954-559-6411 cell
305-749-1583 work
305-932-6355 fax
PaulHeller@Bellsouth.net
TRC, CSMS, E-Certified,REO Specialist
If you are looking to buy or sell property, go to my website at http://www.SoFlaBeachHomes.com
Do you know anyone who needs real estate advice? Please feel free to contact me
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 11, 2013
Also if you're not able to buy above $100k you may have difficulty finding a Realtor to assist. You may have to offer a cash incentive to a Realtor to ensure he/she is going to be paid at least $2,000 at closing. So if let's say you buy a $75k property and the commission is 2.5% then you would have to pay your Realtor extra at closing.

I am here, just let me know how can I do to reach you. I always want to sell. My Mobil is 786-3282925 & email: hectoryusti@keyes.com
Well, it would help if you explained exactly what happened when you were searching.
Hard to imagine an agent not wanting to sell...

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
I was sorry to hear that you were having such difficulties finding a Realtor to help you and wanted to follow up and see if you have received the assistance that you were seeking?
If you would like me to set you up with a personal webpage to receive available properties, please let me know. If you would like to call me, I would certainly take the time to consult with you in the professional manner that I have been assisting my customers for over 10 years.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you at your convenience to see how I can further help.

Professionally yours,
Jose Gomez, Realtor
Real Living – First Service Realty
(305) 915-4679
http://www.realliving.com/JoseJames.Gomez
Hello I can help you find the property to call me or send me an email

Vanessa Valdes
First Service Realty
Coral Gables,FL 33134
vanegonzalez013@gmail.com
If you're contacting listing Realtors that is why. Many properties are already under contract in the first few days of listing. Most of the listings on certain website will have agents listed that are not actually the listing realtor.

Find a Realtor to help you, otherwise you will not have a chance with the frenzy we're experiencing right now.

Also don't expect to buy a bargain, even if you're paying cash--unless you take a significant amount of risk and buy at the courthouse foreclosure auctions.

Otherwise you will pay "above" recent comps and if you're not paying ALL CASH and are not planning to occupy as your primary residence it will be very difficult because Cash buyers are buying up every viable rental property.

If you're planning to occupy as your primary residence you may want to restrict your search to those that only allow Owner Occupants to purchase in the first few weeks, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and HUD homes. Find an agent because you will need to make your offer the first day on the market so if you think you will have an advantage contacting the listing Realtor you will miss out.
Inventory is short, buying competition is at a high, higher than I've ever experienced in the 33 yrs I've been praticing real estate in Miami. With that said however, I have been able to help 12 families, year to date, with their real estate needs. And may I add that 50% of those were Buyers & 50% were Sellers. So, with a great agent, like myself, and a motivated Buyer, like you ... I can help you plan the right strategy to help you find & buy the right home, good for you?
If you need anything further please feel free to call me during normal business hours at the contact info in our website link below. And please also send your email address and phone number, I'll be excited to help you with all your real estate needs and honored for the business opportunities.
I cater to new leads every day regardless of the property value they wish to purchase. I currently have properties under contract anywhere from $50,000 to $500,000. Unfortunately there is a great number of Buyers out there looking for a value that no longer exists. Whenever I find myself in that situation, I simply explain to the Buyer that their expectations are impossible to accomplish, some get mad and some understand and make adjustments. If you are willing to listen to the opinion of a Realtor that is very active in this market, please contact me via my profile.
Good evening,

The current situation on the market may give you this impression. There is almost nothing to buy unless you purchase cash. Otherwise if you use financing, you will get yourself engaged in a bidding war over properties. We are getting over 20 offers on every listing! It's extremely hard to get a property these days unless you are ready to pay over the fair market value.
Good Evening Buyer,

This makes no sense to me. It sounds as though the realtors that you are in contact with are no capable of doing their jobs properly. A good realtor is one that knows the market and gives you a realistic approach as to what you can afford based on your criteria.
If your criteria is realistic; it is not an issue finding you a place if you have a good buyer's agent that is familiar with the market. Also, an approach I use is to go after off the market properties if no properties on the market fit your criteria.
Also, the final decision to sell is up to the seller of a property not the realtor. Our job is to present all offers to the owner. The sellers' have their properties on the market for sale because they want to sell. Give me a call at 305-968-1459 if you would like to discuss your opitions.
Fred
That is strange, a Realtor is always interested in selling a house, that is what we do! If you are not getting replies, probably you are calling listing agents, who have no interest in showing you their
listings, as they know somebody else is going to write your contract. If your goals are realistic and you are willing and able all you need to do is choose a good professional to represent you.
I would be glad to help you.

Maria Elena Ramirez Malca
Florida Gold Realty
mramirezmalca@yahoo.com
954-608-8726
Good evening. I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulties in your home search. Let me ask, are you calling a bunch of different listing agents, or are you looking for one good agent to work with you to find the perfect home regardless who has listed it? Many buyers think they will get a better deal by working directly with a listing agent, or by trying to work with multiple agents to search for homes. Real estate agents put in a lot of hours for each buyer or seller, but we don't get paid until a transaction closes. So if an agent knows that a buyer is calling a lot of different agents, s/he knows s/he is running the risk of wasting a lot of valuable time. Your best course of action is to interview several agents that specialize in the neighborhood you want to be in; then schedule appointments to interview them in their offices. See who seems to be genuinely interested in helping you and who you "click" with. Pledge your loyalty in exchange for theirs. I can promise you that taking this approach will make you a dream buyer for any real estate agent.

If you plan to finance your purchase, you also need to be pre-approved by a lender BEFORE expecting agents to show you property. This is for your own benefit too. It is awful when a buyer finds the home of their dreams, and then either discovers they can't qualify for a loan or someone else has purchased the home by the time they go get their pre-approval.

If you would like to email me at MelanieInMiami@gmail.com and let me know what area and price range you are looking in, I can make some recommendations for real estate agents and loan officers.
Wow..... sorry to hear that !
Let us fix that right now !
Please feel free to call me/ email me at your earliest convenience. I am a Broker Associate, 10 years in the business, and wll be more than glad to help you and appreciative of your preference. Follows my contact information:

Leonardo da Motta (Leo),
Broker Associate
First Service Realty/ Real Living
Doral, Florida
Cell : (305) 205- 8912
Fax.- (305) 471-0885
Email : LeoMiamiHomes@gmail.com
I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time. Please give me a call and I will be more than happy to help you. I get offmarket properties as well that are priced great before they hit the MLS. I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU SOON

Tamika Moses
954-404-4646
tmrealtor@yahoo.com
Keller Williams Realty Partners SW
Hi Fam,
As the others have commented, I am sorry this has happened, and we do hear it often that realtors do not return calls or emails.
I do not want to give you the same explaination as has already been indicated by my colleagues, but we are a little short on inventory and have many interested buyers.
The one thing that may have hindered you search is the price range and location you may be looking in. Many times we as realtors have a request for a price range that we simply cannot provide, as the prices have gone up from our "bottom" of about 2010. I have had clients say they will wait for something to come up, but the fact is the prices are not going to go backwards. We are on an upward trend and there are cycles in real estae that tend to go about 10 years, and we are not halfway through that cycle.
And as you hae been told, it is best to contact a realtor in your area of interest and see if you have a good connection. If not, you can speak to several, but it is best to pick a realtor to work with in your area of preference and they will work hard for you if you stick with them.

If I can be of assistance please contact me and hopefully we can work together to find you a great property,

Beth Jenkins
South Florida Brokers
786-374-4778
Hi...

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time locating a Realtor. Please contact me at your convenience via phone/text/email and I will be glad to assist you on your search.

Have a good night.

Ailed Alzugaray
Keller Williams Realty Premier Properties
(305)439-9977
Not true. You need to find ONE Realtor and stick with that person. Miami-Dade and Broward use a shared database. Any property listed by any Realtor is in that database, so if you tell me what you want, I will send you a list. If you tell Ann (below) what you want, she'll send you the same list. If you're trying to find a home by calling every Realtor in town, then you're going to have a tough time.

And: the market right now has no inventory. Almost every listing is seeing multiple offers. Prices are being bid up over asking. Appraisals are coming in low, so buyers with cash are willing out. It is a bad time to be a buyer, even though prices are still pretty good.

You have to understand that the Realtors do NOT get paid until we close, so we're going to be loyal to the buyer that's loyal to us. We LOVE to close on deals, but if there's no inventory for you, there's no inventory for us, either.
Fam, give me a call, and let's chat about what you're looking for. The sad fact is that it can be very difficult to find a property right now.