Irmasma, Home Buyer in 96744

I'm retired with a paid off house in Southern California. Should I rent out my house ($1700.00 a month) and

Asked by Irmasma, 96744 Fri Aug 7, 2009

get a lease hold with an ocean view and a little yard for my dog? I have read the quarantine rules and have some money saved up. I like sailing and Scuba Diving so being near a Marina would be nice.

Answers

2
Don't forget to check out the Big Island of Hawaii which offers very competitive prices. You would find ample homes to rent here that allow a small dog (condominiums or residential) for under $1700 per month while you are checking out the market. Live in Kailua Kona or South Kona and be near some of the best diving and snorkeling opportunities in the Islands. Also there are quite a few places to lauch a small boat besides the 3 larger harbors on the island.
Aloha and have a beautiful day!
Hi Irmasma,

What do you mean by a leasehold? Many people think that property in Hawaii can't owned unless you are Hawaiian. That's not true. The majority of homes in Hawaii are owned by non-Hawaiiains. You can buy a property that is fee simple (you own the land) instead of leasehold (you rent the land).

There are several good areas here near marinas, including Hawaii Kai, Kailua, Kaneohe and Ko Olina. I know two boat owners that offer scuba diving in Hawaii Kai. I can send you the info.

Please call me at 808.723.0900 to discuss this further. Pet quarantine rules may be found on my website:
http://www.hawaiihome.biz/2009/02/hawaii-animal-quarantine-m…

Aloha,
Frank Diaz, MBA (RA). e-PRO