Home Buying in Irvine>Question Details

Navit, Home Buyer in Irvine, CA

I'm relocating to Irvine, and have 2 children (high school and middle school). Looking for the best family oriented neighborhoods to purchase a home.

Asked by Navit, Irvine, CA Fri Oct 4, 2013

Hi Navit,
Irvine is a great area to move! All four schools in Irvine are exceptional, as are the Middle Schools. Have you met with a lender yet? If not I highly recommend doing so. I have some great lenders that I can recommend. There is a brand new Middle School that was just built this year, it is called Jeffrey Trails, it is on the corner of Jeffrey and Trabuco. The students that attend that school with most likely go to Irvine High School, which is a great school! I am partial to Northwood High School and Sierra Vista Middle School, as this is where my children attend. I can get you in touch with the Principal at Sierra Vista and Norhtwood if you would like to speak with them individually.
You can find some nice older homes with great community feel to them in the Northwood area, some communities to look at are Park Paseo, Woodside, etc. All have great pools, tennis courts, and playgrounds. These are not gated and are a bit older, generally built in the 1970's. there are also many gated communities that are highly desirable!
Please feel free to call or email me if you would like to discuss further. I don't think you can go wrong with the schools in Irvine.

Best of Luck,

Shelli Banko
Tarbell Realtors
Have you considered what you will do when it comes to financing for you new home? Before you start looking for homes I strongly recommend you get pre-approved. This is important because it gives you an idea of the price range you can afford. Also, offers from individuals with pre-approvals are taken much more seriously. I am a lender based out of California and I have done plenty of loans throughout the state. I would be glad to speak with you to help you get the loan you need so feel free to contact me. Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
Hi, I just saw your question. Have you found a home yet? You might also consider Yorba Linda. It is a great community and also has excellent schools. I think you get more for your money there. Let me know if we can be of service to you. Chinita Stalzer

Chinita & Sarah Stalzer
Remax Realty Centre
20459 Yorba Linda Blvd
Yorba Linda, CA. 92887
Hello Navit,

First and foremost, due the ages of your children and the schools they would be attending, I'd recommend the village of University Park in Irvine. The middle school assigned to University Park residents is Rancho San Joaquin Middle School, rated "10" on Greatschools.com, and the assigned, nationally recognized University High School is also rated a "10" on Greatschools.com. The village of University Park is one of the oldest in Irvine, but very well maintained and typically with larger lots and more extensive parks and green belts (Irvine is known for its 'open space' development concept as much as it is it's schools and safety) than the 'newer' villages in Irvine.

There are many tracts/neighborhoods within University Park all with their own unique charm and genuinely family oriented. You will even find a very new neighborhood being developed "Willow Bend" in University Park, blending the character of early Irvine with contemporary architecture. I have a long history in Irvine, dating back to 1969 before Irvine was incorporated as a city and during the time when the first Villages of Irvine were being built. I would be happy to offer my insight into this very rich, diverse and vibrant city. My office is located in Irvine, and I can be reached using 714-944-9618.

Sean Rees
Value Real Estate
14 Hughes Street, Suite B102
Irvine, CA 92618
You can hardly go wrong anywhere in Irvine. I would say though that you will get more bang for your buck if you move further away from the college. It is just more expensive there and the schools are not any better really.

For a free no obligation consultation feel free to give me a call

I would b e happy to assist you! Irvine has some great family neighborhoods!

Nicole Fedorchek, Realtor
Tarbell, Realtors
DRE 01920370
Do you must live in Irvine or could be a city close to Irvine? I've been living in the are for more than more than 18 years and will be glad to help. Please feel free to contact me.

Heather Hong Hu
Realty One Group
23811 Aliso Creek Rd, #181
Laguna NIguel, CA 92677

(949) 280-8881 (cell)
(949) 363-2088 (line)

All the schools in irvine are great.!
You may want check each of them to see what they offer for classes of what your child is interested in like a drama program or their science program. Each school may have a speciality for your child. That's is one of the things you should be doing and then ask the school district if they have open registration in case you do not live in their boundary This should help with the schools

There are many neighborhoods that are family oriented. It's finding one I. Your price range that you like the best
We should start with your price range and go from this point.
Talk to you soon

Ingrid Ski Realtor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Hello Navit,

Thank you for posting your question here on Trulia.

As I am sure you know, and its been said by all the other fantastic agents lrvine is year after year voted safest cities to live in. You can be sure any tract will have it's share of family activities for all ages, it just depends on your preference.
I've been in Irvine since 1979, so I know the different tracts very well.

My office is centrally located in Irvine and I'm available to help you find your home.

Feel free to check out my profiles and see what people are saying about me.

Alex Vargas
Re/Max Premier Realty

5299 Alton Parkway
Irvine, Ca 92604
714 269 8775 Cell
949 417 1219 Fax

BRE License 01332235

Web: http://www.AlexSellsSoCal.com

Client testimonials: http://www.yelp.com/biz/alex-vargas-re-max-premier-realty-irvine

Recommendations/testimonials: http://www.trulia.com/profile/alexvargas/

Go green, keep it on the screen – think before you print!
The first step is to get a real estate agent that you like. Next, you are going to want to get pre-approved for a purchase loan. These are the first two steps in the home buying process.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer

Hi Navit,

Irvine is a beautiful and safe community to buy a house and great schools for your children. You have Woodbury, Woodbridge, Oak Creek, Quail Hills just to name a few. Please take a moment to explore these community websites.

Feel free to contact me for more information. I can show what's available in the market and what I have coming.

Sarah Masri
Aspero Realty
They're all good, and some new homes build their own. WoodBridge, University Park, and Turtle Ridge/Turle Rock have high ratings. It really depends on your budget and what inventory are available that suits your needs & lifestyle-- to start--are you looking for 1 story or 2 -3 story home ok? Attached or detached or 1 common wall ok? How far are you willing to drive to work-- what side 5 or 405 access?
Let me know-- I used to live in Irvine and have rented and sold properties there.
Call or text me:
Agnes Lago
Nationwide Real Estate Executives
I specialize in the Irvine area and you can't go wrong here it's a beautiful city with great schools. Let me know if I can help you find your next home.
Hi Navit,

I strongly recommend looking into Ladera Ranch, CA it is about a 20 minute drive to Irvine and has a very family oriented community. I'm on the event planning committee and we do a bunch events and activities for the families. We have top rated schools and I be happy to show you around the area.

Rob Campbell
Blackstone Realty Group
(949) 202-9741

Sent from my iPad