Home Buying in Austin>Question Details

Patrick, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

I'm relocating to Austin within the next year and will be in Austin for the day Friday August 6th. I need an agent to show properties,

Asked by Patrick, Austin, TX Wed Jul 21, 2010

neighborhoods I find Trulia helpful so I thought I'd try to find a buyer's agent this way. I'd like to spend the day Friday August 6th seeing some properties, condos and neighborhoods of Austin. I have done minimal research so I really need some help here. I am in my late 20's and single, work is relocating me. Downtown and surrounding areas are likely of most interest to start but, I would like to see as many areas so I can to see which fits best for me. Hopefully there is an agent on here who can help. Thanks in advance

Answers

27
Patrick, I see only 17 agents responded so your choices are limited (just kidding). I was on the road showing a young single buyer properties similar to the scenario you're in. First, if you are being relocated by your company, they may have a deal with specific Realtors, Title companies, etc. who they only work with. If not, please feel free to click on my name to the right, review my credentials & testimonials, and contact me if I seem like a good fit. I am a top agent w/ Keller Williams (Austin's #1 Real Estate co. and ranked No.1 with Buyers two years in a row with J.D. Powers and Associates) as well as a Master instructor, single guy, and Residential Specialist. I also do NOT charge my clients anything for Buyer Representation. I also set you up w/ a free web site giving you access to our MLS in real time to assist you in your search, as well as sending you properties that fit what you're looking for prior to your arrival. Austin is a great city for singles and hopefully you will love it as I do!!! Thanks, Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor
p.s. a % of ALL my commissions goes to charity/help organizations if that makes a difference to you. Joe
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 21, 2010
Hello Patrick,
Obviously, you will have a lot of good agents to choose from for your trip. I am a ten year top producing agent with Keller Williams and I am very experienced with clients from out of town/state. I have a good feel for the most important neighborhood issues which concern buyers, such as rates of appreciation, typical days on the market, ease of resale, school systems, etc. I am on the Austin MLS Board of Directors (chairman, 2009) and the Austin Board of Realtors Board of Directors. I have references available if you would like to speak with my clients. Please feel free to call, text, or email if you have any questions. Good luck and....WELCOME!!!! Take care.

Kevin P. Scanlan
(512)77-KEVIN
(512)775-3846
http://www.KevinScanlan.com
http://www.SteinerRanchHomes.com
http://www.CircleCHomes.com
http://www.CatMountainHomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 21, 2010
Just touching back on your pending trip to Austin. I noticed that I even got a recommendation from another Realtor in one of your answers. I've lived in Austin 44 years and sold real estate as "Condo Joe" for 25 years. (yes, Condo Joe does sell houses too) Very knowledgeable on the areas and properties you are looking for (I live downtown myself). Would be happy to spend the time you need to show you our wonderful city and help you find a home.

Please give me a call to set a time or send me an email to condojoe@re-al.com to let me know if I can reserve that day (weekend) for you.

"Condo Joe" Bryson
Real Estate Alliance, Inc.
(512)203-4100 cell
condojoe@re-al.com
Dear Patrick,
My advice is make sure to work with a Buyers Agent and not the Listing Agent of any property you are interested in. The Listing Agents primary goal/responsibility is to get the best/highest price for their client, the seller. Trulia is a great place to find an agent to help you with the search and purchase. Please let me know if I can help. Feel free to check out my website and previous answers on Trulia to determine if we might be a good match. i wish you the best in your home search!
Betina

Betina Foreman- Realtor
Prospect Real Estate Solutions, LLC
(512)771-6318

Your referral of friends and family is the greatest complement I can receive. Please know they will be treated with the care and attention they deserve. Thank you!
Dear Patrick:
I live in the DFW area, but I have lived in Austin, and if no one comes to your rescue, I can fly in and work with you, if you will please let me know what price range are you looking for, have you been prequalified. I will be more than happy to assist you. Please let me know.
So it looks like you have some choices Patrick...LOL! My company Austin City Living and myself specialize in the areas your looking and have many projects we are marketing that are not on public yet. 80% of my clients are New Home Buyers, Looking in Austin Central areas, and are relocating.

Even if you don't choose me to work with, I love to give out information to help anyone in transition, so don't hesitate to bounce things off of me! Please check out my site and what we have to offer. I am sure it's your style.

Taylor C. Hatch
hello, i will be more than happy to show you any area of Austin, I am a native of Texas, I grew up in Taylor which is East of Austin, Ive lived in the Killeen/Fort Hood area, I now live in the Cedar Creek area, about 20 minutes from the Bergstrom Austin Airport, Please contact me at 512 293 1974, I look forward to meeting you.
Hi Patrick,

You've got plenty of choices to pick from however if you're interested in the lake areas I can help you most with my knowledge and expertise around Lake area properties. I can also send you my buyers guide that will walk you through the transaction process used in the State of Texas. Each state is a little different and my guide will make it very straight forward and understandable.

All the best on your visit.

Julian
Condo Joe is a great buyer's agent., I would highly recommend him. Lately, I've been working more on the listing side, so be sure he shows you my condos for sale in the TwentyOne24 building. East Austin would be a great area to check out, especially with it's convenience to Downtown Austin. Here's an example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uRc63XuHuI Good luck!
Yes sir, you have contacted a real estate broker with 25 years experience and 40+ years living in Austin. Know the city well and would appreciate the opportunity to show you our fair city.

The Austin Chronicle selected me TWICE as a "Best of Austin". Here are some other creditials. Please give me a call at (512)203-4100 or jbryson@re-al.com.

Thank you
Joe Bryson
President/Broker
Real Estate Alliance, Inc.

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you in your search for your new home in the Austin area. When we both understand the criteria you are searching for, we can prepare a list of properties that should match your needs and wants. I would appreciate the opportunity to show you any that interest you. Please read the accompanying Information About Brokerage Services form. Today, virtually all sellers and the brokers of the properties listed for sale, pay the brokerage fee to a broker representing you, the buyer. This gives you the advantage of having a professional represent your interests in the transaction. Your consideration of me as your personal broker would be most appreciated. My real estate experience includes:
Licensed broker (not agent)
President & Broker of Real Estate Alliance, Inc. since 1996
Full time real estate sales in Austin since 1985
Austin resident since 1966 (University of Texas freshman)
Sales Agent of the Year by Austin Board of Realtors
Elected by the Austin Chronicle as the “Best of Austin” in 2006 & 1997
GRI (Graduate of the Realtor Institute) - Top 20% of Realtors
CRS (Certified Residential Specialist) - Top 5% of Realtors
CRB (Certified Residential Broker) - Only 9 in Austin
GMS (Global Mobility Specialist) - Only 2 in Austin
ABRM (Accredited Buyer Representative Manager)
1974 Graduate of the University of Texas, BBA Marketing
Featured in Texas Realtor magazine article on “Super Tech Agents”
Featured in Aug 2001 Texas Realtor magazine
“New Business Models That Could Change the Way We Do Real Estate”
Past Director, Texas Association of REALTORS
Past Director, Austin Board of REALTORS
Past President of the Austin Multiple Listing Service
Awarded Texas Association of REALTORS Future Leader of the Year
Hello Patrick,
You are doing the right thing by seeking a buyer's agent. As you can see, there are many of us in Austin who would take care of you and do our best to help you find the right place. My advice to you is to call several of us and get a feel for our style and personalities. Then choose the realtor with whom you feel the most comfortable. I would love to be that realtor. Thanks and good luck!
Phillip
ps. If you don't choose me consider Kevin Scanlan. He's a good guy whom I've known for a very long time.

Phillip Baird
512-289-5738
phillipbaird@kw.com
I would be happy to set up a personal website showing you different neighborhoods and price points. Please feel free to contact me anytime.(512)922-7588. I would be happy to show you around town on the 6th
I am available if you need any help. Feel free to contact me and let me know more details of what you are looking for so that I can be prepared to help you out. I know you will love Austin
One of the Goldwasser Team agents will be glad to help you August 6th! This will be a huge investment for you and you need the best agent and team to arm you with the best data and strategies for the best deal possible. If you work with a relo company they will suggest several agents to interview, but you don't have to be satisfied with their suggestions. If you find an agent you connect with better, then most relocation companies will abide by your wishes and the agent can negotiate with the relo company. I have worked with SIRVA, WHR,Weichart Relocation, Corporate Relocation to name a few...Questions to ask when interviewing an agent:
1. Why should I choose you as my Buyer's agent?
2. What services do you offer? (Do you have a team to assist me? Lenders? Service Providers? Movers?) These services may help you before and after the sale to minimize your expenses.
3. Do you have a strategic plan which will increase the odds of getting the best deal in the best possible market area? What is your research to back up this plan? How will you execute the plan? What proof do you have of your plan's success?
4. How will you communicate with me?
5. What are the top 3 things that differentiate you from other agents?
6. Will you provide me a list of past clients I may contact?
Patrick, I along with all my team are Certified Negotiation Experts and have a wealth of knowlege in the condo and downtown markets.
Here is a testimonial from just one of our many relocation clients :
“The team at Goldwasser Real Estate is spectacular! This was my very first home purchase, and the people at Goldwasser made the experience so pleasant. From my agent to the transaction manager, everyone I dealt with here was attentive, prompt, professional, and very client-oriented. I work in a service-related industry, and it is refreshing to find a company representing itself as a service-minded organization, rather than just a medium between the seller and myself. Many thanks from a very satisfied customer. You all went above and beyond."
Check out our website at http://www.GoldwasserRealEstate.com
or my personal site at http://www.donnaciccarelli.com.
Sounds like this is your predetermination trip to Austin, have fun! You need to get your hands on a relocation guide before you arrive to Austin! Curious, will your company be any providing relocation benefits such as mortgage assistance i.e. points, closing costs, temporary housing, to assistance covering moving expenses. I work with one of Austin largest destination service providers and know the stresses of relocation with over 30 years of relocating folks in and out of Austin. Be sure to include in your 8/6 tour the many of the unique things about Austin as well as touring neighborhoods and homes. Locating a good agent in Austin should will not be hard to find, but find one who has understands the in's and out's of relocation. Good luck and welcome to Austin!
Hi Patrick - I noticed that Heather Kight responded to your post. I would recommend her. She is amazing - great at finding the best homes and a fantastic negotiator! Good luck and welcome to Austin. It is such a great place. I've lived here for 11 years and love it!

Wendy Papasan
Hi Patrick,
Of course I'd love to help...however, if your company is relocating you, have you checked with them first? Companies have often negotiated a "deal" with a real estate company and/or REALTOR, and if you want help with closing costs, moving expenses, etc, you may have to use that agent. If your company has not contracted with a relo office, please let me know what your parameters are (size, price, priorities) and I'm sure I can help you find the perfect home!
BTW, Austin is the ideal place for a twenty-thrity something single!
Cindy Crawford, REALTOR®
Keller Williams Realty - Lake Travis
(512)522-5002 Phone
(512)217-8990 Cell
1921 Lohman's Crossing #100
Austin, TX 78734
CindyCrawford@kw.com
One of the most enjoyable parts of being a REALTOR is showing newcomers why we enjoy our city so much! In fact, I will be doing that this weekend!

The area you are looking to relocate to is littered with amazing places, eateries and so forth. It would be beneficial to have an agent that is extremely familiar with the area since there are so many hidden treasures.

Please call or email at any time. It is my hope that you will find your trip to Austin a memorable one!

Thank you, Patrick, for reaching out through Trulia!

Laura McMillan
REALTOR, ABR, ASP, CLHMS, CRS, ePRO, GRI
Avalar Austin
http://www.avalaraustin.com
512.903.5268
Web Reference: http://www.avalaraustin.com
Hi Patrick,

You'll have a number of agents to choose from! I am a certified relocation specialist, an Austin native, and I have a great deal of experience giving a great tour of Austin to a buyer who is not familiar with the city. I can do all the research for you based on your interests, price range and housing preferences.

I had out of town buyers in last week in a similar situation to yours and we had a great day. We toured properties ranging from out on Lake Travis to Central Austin bungalows to downtown condos. We were able to eliminate several parts of town in order to focus more specifically on the areas that captured their interest. I can help you zero in a areas where you'll feel happy and can help you locate a home you'll be excited to come home to after a busy day at work.

I'd love to touch base by phone or email - Heather: 512-789-1871 or heather@heathershomes360.com.
I highly recommend Donna Harris with DonnaHomes.com
Her clients lover her, and she is very thorough.
You're picking a good time to buy....available inventory is virtually at an all time high so there's plenty of homes / condos to choose from.

Best of luck in your home search and your upcoming move.
Happy to help. Feel free to contact me whenever it is convienient for you.
My only concern is are you qualified for a loan? That governs how a Realtor can work on your best behalf. Sales offers are submitted with lender approval letters.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Dear Patrick,

Where are you relocating from? I wasn't born in Austin, but I got here as fast as I could! Austin is is a great city and I'd love to show you why when you are in town on August 6th. Give me a call or shoot me an email so that I can learn a bit more about what you are looking for.

Warm Regards,
Jen
Web Reference: http://www.jenbutel.com
Hi Patrick,

I am a buyer broker with 15+ years of experience and would be happy to help you when you come in on 8/6. Just give me a call at 512-904-9900 so we can get started right away.

Scott Friedson
Patrick,

I would be happy to help you on that day. Contact me at shelleyr@remax.net so that I can send you some more information and get to know a little bit more about what you are looking for. I am experienced in all areas of Austin, and look forward to hearing from you!

Shelley Rowton, RE/MAX River City (512) 507-5779
Patrick,

I'm sure you will find a good one, but do take the time to call and talk to each of the agents. If you can't find one, please let me know and I'd be happy to refer you to one in the Austin area.

Thanks and good luck

Jackie