Home Buying in Craven>Question Details

Gina, Home Buyer in Jacksonville, FL

I'm ready to buy a condo in southside (cash ready) but realtor doesnt answer my calls, so what should i do?

Asked by Gina, Jacksonville, FL Mon Apr 30, 2012

Answers

22
The Reason is simple why most realtor may not want to return the phone call.
1. If the purchase point is too low, and there is no inventory in that price range.
2. Reltor feels that they may not make enough money to justify running around. Typically, Realtor may get paid 3% of purchase price or less.
3. Property may be under contract already.

In any event, there is no good reason to not call someone back.
Please feel free to call any of the respondents below, or myself at 904 910 9814 to help you. As a part of the Realtor Commuinty, everyone responding to this question is here to help.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 2, 2012
There is one other possibility. If you are calling the "listing" agent rather than your own personal agent, and the property is a pre-foreclosure, Short sale, it's possible an "insider" already has a contract and the listing agent is fraudulently keeping the listing in "active" status to create the illusion (to the lender) that no one wants it at the current list price.

So, if it is "your" Realtor that is not returning your calls, find another Realtor to assist you with the VERY best deals, Bank owned properties. You must be FAST on these as they will often go under contract the first day listed. If you think you will have an advantage by contacting the listing Realtor, you will certainly miss out on the best bargains because by the time the listing agent even returns your call, it will already be GONE.

Good luck and again if you're going after a low priced listing (under $75k) then you may want to entice a Realtor to work with you and help you capture the very best deal. This is especially true if you're including short sales in your search because your Realtor may not see a closing for a year and meanwhile a prudent Realtor must continue showing you properties up until the day you get a short sale approval at a price you're willing to pay. The "listing" price on a Short Sale is pure fiction and it may not be possible to buy the property for even tens of thousands (or even $100k in some cases) ABOVE the listing price, so don't let the low list price fool you. The lenders taking the loss on the sale will not allow you to buy a property significantly below current market value. They will have an appraisal (BPO) or two done to verify value.

Alma Kee
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
Well Said.... I couldn't have written better myself. Please see my response below.
Flag Mon May 14, 2012
I would be happy to assist. Please call me at 904-874-1905.

My customer feedback letters often refer to the fact that if I don't answer my phone, I call back promptly. I feel that communication is important.

I am surprised that an agent has not answered the phone or called back. Is it possible that something has happened in their personal life that would prevent them from calling you? If not, there is no excuse for their lack of communication.

Again, If you are interested in speaking with an agent who does communicate, call me and I will see what we can do to find you the right condo for your needs.

Myrna
It's time to call a new agent. I have been in sales and customer service for over 40 years. Listening to your clients, answering their phone calls, and responding to their needs are tantamount to good customer service. Call me and let me know how I can help.

John D. DiPietro
Prudential Network Realty
357 Atlantic Blvd
Atlantic Beach, Fl
904-710-7431
john.dipietro@prunet.com
http://www.jdipietro.prudentialnetworkrealty.com
Time for a new agent. Always keep in mind we work for you!! Its NOT the other way around. If you haven't found a new Realtor yet please feel free to give me a call and if so good luck in your search. Thanks Lenee' 904-505-5083.. Thanks
Very Simple !!! Gina

Call me I answer my phone 24/7 Plus I am a Buyer agent.

904-463-4264

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

Doug Casteel C.S.A.
Broker Owner Castle Realty
Hi Gina,

Call me. I will submit the offer for you tomorrow and it won't cost you a dime~

Jeff Metcalf, REALTOR(R)
Watson Realty Corp.
(904)495-0115
http://www.Realty2Reality.com
Sounds like you need an agressive, competent Realtor representing you.

Hi Gina,

Find another REALTOR should there not be a good reason for the current one not to call. As indicated call the agents broker and inquire. I can sent you the condo info for the area and with cash and the right type of current ownership can have you in your new home in a short time.
Hi Gina,

I hope nothing has happened to your Realtor. I would try to call their office and speak with the Broker. If they are working for themselves, then I would call the Northeast Florida Association of Realtors at 904-394-9494 to see if they have any other contact numbers.

If you still can't reach the agent, then it is time to move on to somebody else. We have a foreclosure condo in Southside that is going to come on the market after we do some repairs to make it move-in ready.

Please call us if you are interested. 904-673-2308

Sharon Alters
Coldwell Banker Vanguard
904-673-2308
sharon@teamalters.com
Hello Gina,

Call another agent, find someone that is willing to put your needs ahead of what ever price you are shopping in. There are many good agents here in Jacksonville that would love to work with you.

Henry
(904) 635-4861
Hello Gina,

Try to call this agent's broker.
It might be anything - health issues of the agent, property already under contract but not updated on the system...

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Steve Henrickson, 904 651-3813, RE/MAX Specialists
Web Reference: http://ilovethathouse.net/
If you're hoping to buy a condo below $75k you may need to offer an additional commission to the buyer's agent--especially if you're looking at pre-foreclosure, Short Sales that may or may not ever close or could take a year to close. Your Realtor should continue to show you properties until/if you ever get an approval letter in your hands if you're targeting short sales.

Or find the best deal (also the most risk) and go bid at the courthouse foreclosure auctions. Try to find a Tax Deed sale because at least most of the liens will be wiped out at foreclosure. You will need to do a lot of homework if you decide to go this route, it's not for the neophyte investor.

Alma Kee
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
You do not have to use the listing agent. Call another agent and get your own representation. Any agent can sell you any home no matter who it's listed by and the great news is that the seller will be the ones paying for your representation.,
call me that's what 803.1764
Gina, YOUR REALTOR, your buyers agent will not help you, or are you calling a Listing Realtor?

Something is wrong here, I just don't know what.

Gina, what you need to do is to get a Realtor that is a buyers agent. Your life will become wonderful, and it won't cost you a dime.

or shouldn't.

I don't work the area, but I know good agents in the area that can help you.

John in Central Florida
I would be happy to submit your offer for you. Please call me at (904) 994-1054 to discuss further. Andrew Whalen
Gina, It's rare when a cash ready buyer ready to make offer to purchase doesn't get a call back from their realtor. Very rare. I'd love to talk with your realtor to find out why myself. I sure there's a good reason. Good luck with your purchase.

John
Contact me, I will be happy to assist you. 904-874-1905.
You should call me. I am happy to help.
We would be happy to help if you do not already have a signed buyer broker agreement with an agent. Call 904-568-4528 or send an email to tim@myjaxhometeam.com.