Home Buying in Yardley>Question Details

Ramon Vander…, Other/Just Looking in Yardley, PA

I'm 68, planning to buy a home in Yardley-Langhorne area. As a senior citizen, will I get any property tax break when filling my Txs?

Asked by Ramon Vanderpool, Yardley, PA Wed Jan 19, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


kim rock’s answer
I agree if you are retired, the 1% earned income tax in Newtown will not cost you as much as other folks and therefore you can benefit from the low property taxes they have. Yardley and Langhorne unfortunately do have higher property taxes, but do not have the earned income tax.

-Kim Rock
Licensed Realtor PA/NJ
Keller Williams Langhorne
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 13, 2011
Well certain areas can better to live in Bucks County when your a senior. For example, Newtown PA has an earned income tax of 1% but lower property taxes. Newtown did this in part in an effort to reduce the property tax burden on Seniors. When you compare that to the surrouding taxes in Yardley and such, Newtown can look like a bargain as a senior. Any other way I can help, feel free to contact me. By the way, my company not only does mortgages but we also do reverse mortgages if your shopping for one of those as well. Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 4, 2011
It is always best to consult an accountant when tax return questions arise.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 27, 2011
Your best bet is to seek the professional advice of your accountant,or you can call my accountant Mr.Jani @ 215-639-5141.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 20, 2011

Try contacting Bucks County Board of Assessment office 55 East Court Street Doylestown, PA 18901
Or you can call Rich Newman who is an Elder Law attorney in Bucks county 215 741 5154.
Either way you will get the right answer that you need

Also if you need help financing either with a regular mortgage or reverse mortgage give me a call.

Best Regards,
Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
720 Second St Pike Suite 104
Southampton Pa 18966
Office 215 953 0800
Fax 215 953 1706
Cell 267 992 7276
Voted Best of Bucks 2010
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 19, 2011
That's property, not pretty, taxes!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 19, 2011
Pretty taxes are a deductible expense for taxpayers who find it advantageous to itemize deductions on their federal income tax returns. I am not aware of any tax discount programs in Pennsylvania for senior citizens. Pennsylvania offers a low fixed income tax rate and no taxes on qualified retirement income. Specific tax questions can be directed to a PA tax expert. I will be happy to refer you. Please don't hesitate to contact me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 19, 2011
My suggestion is to call a qualified tax consultant. Dan Jones is an accountant who answerers a lot of my client's questions. Feel free to call him. His number is 215-378-6279
Web Reference: http://www.KandJHomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 19, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer