Home Buying in Merrillville>Question Details

Oreohenry, Home Buyer in Merrillville, IN

I m on a voluntary leave from my job .I found foreclosure home for 146k I have 80k to put down can I get a mortgage to cover the different.

Asked by Oreohenry, Merrillville, IN Mon Jul 2, 2012

I have other income1,300 a month.Im a full time college student will return to job at end of fall semester.

Answers

5
Debbie Hemphill’s answer
If you have a cheking and or saving account, I suggest you speak to your bank. Most banks have loan officers that can answer this question for you. With an income of $1300 per month, you would have a hard time paying a mortage, insurance, taxes, etc.... along with other day to day bills such as NIPSCO, water, sewer, phone, internet, groceries, books, etc....

I would suggest finding a home that you can pay cash for, then your income could be spent on day to day and monthly expences. There are several homes in the Merrillville area that you could purchase for $80,000 or lower. Whatever home your looking at, check to see what the taxes are, call NIPSCO to get an idea on what the monthly bills are, so you can make an informed decision.

If you have other questions or need assistance, feel free to call or email me!
Thanks!
Debbie Hemphill
219-746-4098
hemphill.debbie@yahoo.com
Please give me a call at 2199024482. Would like to put you in touch with a mortgage consultant that maybe able to assist.
If all depends on the type of the income and type of the loan. Also what lender you are going with can make a difference.
Oreohenry,
Some houses are not able to get any kind of financing depending on its condition. If the house qualifies for a mortgage, I would definitely find a qualified loan officer that will answer your questions on financing a home. I can forward you the name of a few good ones or you can contact your bank and talk to the in-house mortgage consultant. If you'd like more information please call me at 219-588-9494 or email me at olga@DDRE.org Hope this helps!
Olga Vega
IN & IL Realtor
DOUBLE DIAMOND REAL ESTATE LLC
Your best route is to seek the help of a competent local loan officer to explore your options.

Best of Luck.

maria