Home Buying in Maple Grove>Question Details

Jay L., Home Buyer in Maple Grove, MN

I'm on H1B visa. I'm willing to buy a home. Will there be any difficulties or special conditions in securing a mortgage?

Asked by Jay L., Maple Grove, MN Wed Nov 2, 2011

Both myself and my wife are on h1b. Able to pay 20% down. Credit score >750. Any direct information of loan office is appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

8
H-1 visa is no problem to get FHA loans, specially with 20% down. We have helped lot of buyer in that situation. Although the original question was a year old, yet it is no problem. Anyone in that situation can call me at 763-537-8382. We have 3-4 lenders to help.
We would consider you a Non-permanent resident alien. You would need to demonstrate a two year history of all of the following:

Credit History (in the US)

Work history (In the US)

Residence History (In the US)

As long as your H1b is not expired, you still work for the company who is sponsoring you, and you meet the 2 year history of the three items above, your financing options are the same as a US Citizen.

Peter Boyle
Senior Mortgage Officer
Hi Jay,

Yes, you are able to buy a home with H1B Visa; I can put you in touch with a great loan officer at Waterstone Mortgage (Jeff Scherber) that will be able to provide you with the options and information you need to move forward with your home search. I would also love to have the opportunity to earn your business and help you find the home that fits your specific search criteria. I have access to listings on the entire MLS and am confident that with the positive, energetic and motivated attitude that my team at Keller Williams Classic Realty NW has, we can make your new home dreams come true!

Contact me anytime,
Chelsea K
Moving Hearts and Homes Team
Keller Williams Classic Realty NW
763-496-2903
chelsea@movingheartsandhomes.com

Licensed in Minnesota
Hey Jay,
There are a lot of variables, but I've had a lot of success with buyers in your situation. Contact me directly if you would like to discuss your options.
Hi Jay,

My wife is a loan officer at Waterstone Mortgage in Maple Grove. She is a correspondent lender, so she can shop for the best rates and programs for you. I asked her your question and she said that you should have no trouble! Her name is Keena Maher and you can reach her at 612-325-4071 or kmaher@waterstonemortgage.com.

If you are in need of a great Realtor in the area, I'd love to apply for the job!
Lee Maher
Keller Williams Classic Realty NW
Maple Grove
763-234-1638
Lee@MNHomeSellers.com
You will not have to do anything different then any other applicant except provide a copy of your H1B.
Hello Jay! Thank you for your question today! I have a great loan officer with Bell Mortgage that can answer that for you yet today. I'd love to be able to introduce you to him! Would you like me to do that? Have a great day sir!
Jay,
I would recommend contacting a lender, Patricia @ wells Fargo can offer assistance in answering your question - I would be happy to send or share with you her contact information call me at 763-235-7030 or email at Deborahbaier@Gmail.com