Markort2002, Home Buyer in

I’m not US citizen, and don’t have green card, or even live in USA. I want to buy a condo in Chicago. Is there any legal obstacle I should be?

Asked by Markort2002, Sat Feb 16, 2013

aware of

Answers

5
You don't need to be a US citizen to buy a property in USA. You just need to have a proof of funds (preferible in any bank in USA), legal visa to come to USA and some tax returns. It is better if you shop around for a mortgage broker that can explore your financial options and advice you properly.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 17, 2013
Good answers below.....just a heads up.....you are on a Naples FL forum though.....you would want to connect to a Chicago Realtor.....use someone on here to recommend one to you.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com
No, not a legal obstacle. Logistics, mostly. Non-US citizens buy real estate in America all the time. Hook up with a good local agent, and you'll be fine.
Chicago, is a wonderful fun filled city. My daughter went to college there and I very much enjoyed visiting her there.
If you have a visa and financial approval, meaning you must be able to show proof of Funds, I will connect you with one of our international agents who specialize in Chicago and they will be happy to assist you.
Best of luck,
Claudette Looker
239-601-6088
Claud053@comcast.net
You are making a good choice.
Please send me your name and contact information, so I can have a specialist in International buyers contact you. Where are you located? Do you have a visa?
Look forward to hearing from you to help you.
My email is: sandra.sanna@floridamoves.com
727-439-4400