Home Buying in Syracuse>Question Details

Jenny L., Home Buyer in Syracuse, NY

I'm moving to Syr and see homes for sale on Tejah that look interesting to me. What is the neighborhood like?

Asked by Jenny L., Syracuse, NY Thu May 7, 2009

Is this a good place to live for a family with young children? Safe? A lot of traffic? Crime?? What type of people live there? income/education?

Answers

4
Great Place to live, grow and raise.
Syracuse provided variety of neighborhood in regards to schooling, shopping, entertainment, more value for the buck and so on depending students interest and those of parents. I could do match for your interest. You could get appointment and see the options. Please Contact me georgefri@hotmail.com.
Jenny,

I know this neighborhood very well. It is a very quiet and safe neighborhood. It gives you the feel of being away from the city and the convenience of being close to everything. Tejah and the neighborhood around it are hidden gems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Comstock

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about this or any neighborhood in the Syracuse area.

Good Luck,

Ted Ackerman
ackermanted@yahoo.com
Tejah is in a good neighborhood in Syracuse, somewhat outer University. I actually grew up in this area myself and found it to be great as a kid. Since it's outer University I would expect a mixture of graduate (adult) students and families, not really a neighborhood where undergrads would live. Traffic is low, crime very rare in that area, I would venture to say it's safe but crime can happen anywhere. Good schools in that area, I would recommend Ed Smith over Percy Hughes but that's just my biased opinion. The houses in that area are generally in good condition and have good sized yards and spacing in between the houses. As for income, I might guess middle to lower middle class- not really an "affluent" neighborhood, but safe and family friendly nonetheless. Hope this helps, let me know if I can be of further assistance.