Jonathan Mal…, Other/Just Looking in Hazlet, NJ

I'm moving to New jersey and I am looking for a home to rent or buy, prefer to rent then buy. Any advice?

Asked by Jonathan Maldonado, Hazlet, NJ Fri Dec 21, 2012

Could use assistance in choosing the correct area.

Answers

17
Narrow down the area you would like to live in and then contact a local realtor there. They will be able to get listings for sale as well as rent for you. Its a great time to buy, but if you dont find a home that suits your needs....renting can be a great way to get to know an area before you buy. Good luck!
Jonathan,

If you would like to contact me either by phone or email, we can discuss what your specifically looking for. There are many options available. I would be happy to assist in your search.

Robert Seaman

Orange Key Realty
732-963-7905
rseaman@orangekeyrealty.com
If you are going to rent, get an inspection to document conditions before you sign the lease. When the lease is up, you now have a record, or if conditions change, get another inspection.
A large corporation in South Jersey was closing down its warehouse operations, and contacted me to document the alleged "neglect and subsequent" damage. After about 4 hours of the inspection, the tenants were relieved that conditions had not changed, and used my report to submit to the landlord for proof.
Peter W. Bennett, Owner
http://www.AFullHouseInspection.com
Residential & Commercial Building Inspections
Infrared Thermal Imaging Services
Aerial & On-Roof Surveys of Moisture - ASTM C1153
Forensic Moisture Inspections and Leak Detection - ASTM E1105
Thermographic Survey of Insulation Faults - ASTM C1060
530 Prospect Avenue Ste. # 3 Little Silver, NJ 07739
Office 732-758-9887 Cell 732-245-9817
NJ Home Inspector Lic#GI371
NJ DEP Radon MET11140
Certified Level II Infrared Thermographer No.7406
Certified Energy Inspector No. 1364
Certified ASHI Member #205748
Certified Member of INACHI
Visit Us on Facebook
Authorized United Infrared Contractor
NJInfrared.com - On Roof and Aerial Roof Surveys of Moisture
Roof-IR ~ Moisture-IR ~ Energy-IR ~ BlockWall-IR ~ Equine-IR
I would be happy to help you find a rental in Monmouth, Ocean or Middlesex counties. Feel free to contact me If you are still looking.
I can help you in Somerset, Union and much of Morris County. it is a big state, provide a bit more info in terms of what you are looking for, what you need /want to be near and your budget and we'll all be able to be more helpful.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
You might want to narrow down your search for an area based on your commute to work if that is a priority. Then the lifestyle you are looking for...I would recommend finding a local realtor in that area who can steer you in the right direction by working with your specific needs in mind. Renting can be a great way to get used to an area before commiting to a sale.
Hi Jonathan if you are looking to live in Hazlet, NJ , I have the property for you, single fam. 4 to 5 bedrooms with a swimming pool very private location and close to NY transportation
if you are interested send me a message to my email
Flag Mon Feb 10, 2014
Hi Jonathan,

If you are looking to live close to Manhattan there are plenty of rentals in Hudson County. Diverse community, with wonderful restaurants, great nightlife. Also easily accesible from any highway and public transportation systems. Contact me if you are interested in moving to this area and I can certainly help you out.
Hi..,Where and what price point are you comfortable with..

Diane...agent
My house will be for rent soon. Let me know if you are still looking and I will give you my contact information
Hi Jonathan
What areas are you considering? I would be happy to help. I handle both rentals and sales in Monmouth, Middlesex and parts of Ocean Counties.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 22, 2012
Hi Johnathon

I would start by seeing what your commute will be like, who if any friends or relative you want to be close to. The lifestyle you want to have access to.

If you have a general area you are thinking about contact a local agent. I can recommend one any where in NJ. I work mostly in the Essex, Passaic and Bergen County areas. be glad to help.
jonathon,

Due to hurricane Sandy rentals are far and few between as not only are homeowers who lost everything looking for rentals, but so are insurance adjusters and the like. i am with those who advocate for you to purchase at this time.

Any particular reason you prefer to rent?

Francesca Patrizio, Broker Sales Associate
Francesca@patriziore.com
732.606.2931 (cell/text)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 21, 2012
Hi Johnathan.

There are so many wonderful parts of the garden state...What is you wish list? Please let us know so an agent in the area you desire can be of help to you.

Diane/agent. 732 859 2376
Johnathan,

You can also purchase today with as little as a 3.5% downpayment with an FHA loan. If you were a veteran you would need a zero down payment. The difference between an FHA Loan & VA Loan is an FHA Loan is an Insured Loan and there's a monthly MIP payment as well as an upfront MIP payment. The VA Loan is a guaranteed loan with no MIP or PMI payments.

Good Luck
Hi Johnathan,

With interest rates historically low, I would strongly suggest you seriously consider purchasing a home rather than renting one. Of course this depends on your financial situation, credit score, down payment and job security. I recently did a few blogs pertaining to this topic and will attach for your review. Best of luck to you.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/tim_waller/2012/12/the_power_is_i…
http://www.trulia.com/blog/tim_waller/2012/12/how_interest_r…