Home Buying in Victorville>Question Details

Gabriellesot…, Home Buyer in Victorville, CA

I'm losing my home try working with the bank no help. I want to save my house if I get a lawyer will they help me I'm afraid to pay some money .

Asked by Gabriellesoto37, Victorville, CA Sat Oct 27, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


I also am certified distressed property expert and live in Victorville . Am with shear realty first step is to get you to a HUD counselor
Catherine Haney
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
I am a Certified Distressed Property Specialist and you do not need to hire an attorney .. Any of us that have done short sales take classes and keep up with the banks will be able to assist you.
Hope I can give you positive information.
Catherine Haney DRE #01461878
Broker Associate with Shear Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 16, 2013
Give me a call Gabrielle. I am a CDPE-Certified Distressed Property Expert with a SFR-Short-sale certification. I am a local Realtor/Broker in Victorville and I can help you with some insight and direction on your stressful situation.

Call me direct (774) 420-6017
Zoe Munoz
Dre License # 01805266
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
Contac an experienced real estate agent in short sales, he/she can help youto sell your property and with the negotiation with the bank. A short sale record in your credit report is better than a foreclosure record.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
foreclosure because of being strung along to do this and do that by my bank wells fargo..and then deny short sale offers, deny home modification and i tried to get bank to help me keep and instead of losing alot of money i lost more than 50 000 in shelby counter tennesse when the assesor dropped the value on my house from over 200 000 to less than 159, 000 and im disabled cardiac patient..on 14 differnt medications just to try and stay healthy..
Flag Fri Jul 26, 2013
now they wellsfargo the preservationist last two times he called me more than 2 weeks ago saying he wanted me to give him a date when i was going to be out of the house within 31 days of august the 9th the day they sell my house at an auction.. my realtor was jason wallace of keeler and williams he can confirm everything im telling you my doctor told me i need to get an lawyer but im have so many bills on limited income i cant come up with any money to retain a lawyer and the banks knows this and counting on it so i had to leave because i dont have any family here the girl i was going to marry, we decided not to get marry for personal reasons and thats another reason wells fargo refused to help me save my house...they bought my loan a couple months after i closed.. i was told wells fargo doing this to alot of people and buying up houses and sitting on them hoping the market comes back and hoping to gain a profit buy selling them for lot more...i was forced and manipulated into forecl
Flag Fri Jul 26, 2013
them and i did many times from my first preservationist and the other one who hardly ever return phones calls but promises to return call within 48 hours and i go more than a week waiiting for them to return my call but dont and im leaving messages in their voice mail constantly, i feel its not all my fault i tried to sell this house in short sale 5 months after i bought it because i was getting threating letters from original lender that they was going to call my loan because they said i cou;dnt afford the house by myself ...i saved all the emails and many of the phone calls and the fax reciepts to prove what im saying is trus want more proof just asked my realtor he got upset because the bank demamands info and when he has questions he cant get them to return his call after they had me sign a document saying he has the right to talk with the bank regaurding my loan account.....
Flag Fri Jul 26, 2013
he says he cant understand wqhy the bank makin it difficult to sell the house and do a short sale and when obama made this bill in tenessee to help people save their home the bank refuses to let me modify the loan and now saying its my realtor fault i cant do the deed and lue they asked me to fax in my paper work in june i sent it on june 26 faxedit from a wells fargo offce by one of thier managers made sure the fax went thru and said i didnt have a forecloser date by the manager herself, and then the preservationist sends me a letter he didnt call saying they took my name of the deed n lue because they didnt get my paper work on june the 3 they removed me from the deed n lue process, saying that was the reason i protest call the supervisor sherry marvin she told me the preservationist didnt call me because thats not his department of experetise.. i taped recorded their calls each time they called and said this call me be recorded so when they said that i felt i had right to record
Flag Fri Jul 26, 2013
I tried the short my first offerbacked out of the deal a week before closing and the second and third offers wells fargo turned down there offers saying they were too low so they walked the bank wanted over 178 thousand they only offered 165 thousand the bank countered with in the middle 173 ooo so they walked i only had the house just one year i bought it at 193000 but came out to 202 ooo with the tax the tax assessor reiassed my house at 159000 how bank expect anyone to offer over that amount they chased away all my buyers and refused to modify the loan saying i cant afford the house payment of 1,321 A month thats why i wanted modification.. now they telling me its too late to do deed n lue after they asked me to come ro home to try tomodify loan and refuse it and now refusing deed n lue saying my realltor didnt fax info they needed over six months ago ive been getting the run around from wellls fargo from the very first moment i tried to do short sale my realtor says he
Flag Fri Jul 26, 2013
My house has been sold at sheriff auction. still
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 24, 2013
NO, I still am losing mine after 3 law firm and lost 10,000.00 and still getting evicted.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 24, 2013
Lets assess all options and then decide which avenue pursue.. Being upside down ay not be as ad as you think so working with the bank to try and get the modification is the road to travel if not then other roads are available call me 760.559.2678
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 23, 2013
I'm Short Sale Certified, give me a call today 310-995-9687.
Camino Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 16, 2013
Hi Gabrielle,
Banks are very slippery these days, they make more money by foreclosing or short selling than modifying your loan. I suggest you see a professional, but keep in mind it is illegal for an attorney to charge you up front for a loan modification, only if they are successful would you pay. Also, you might want to short sell due to the fact the deficiency amount will be forgiven until the end of the year, then it will show up on your taxes as Capital Gains.
Yvette Lotz
Sunset Breeze Real Estate
Brokier (760) 241-9988
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 29, 2012

I agree with Felix. I've completed quite a few Short Sale transactions. Some, however, cannot be saved. Be sure you know when to say when. Be sure to interview a few Realtors, and get their professional opinion.

Keep in mind, if you cannot save your home, you may have to rent. A landlord will review your forclosure/short sale to determine your creditworthines.

If you play your cards correctly, you can purchase as soon as 2 years after a short sale. Two years go quickly. The important part of this is that the 2 year clock starts AFTER the short sale is completed. Additionally, there may be tax advantages for you to complete your short sale before the end of 2012!

Give me a call if there is something I can do to help!

Bo Goulet, cdpe
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 29, 2012
Make sure you interview a few different attorneys. Get their success rate and keep in mind that if what they say sounds too good to be true it probably is. Just because they're an attorney does NOT mean they are effective or competent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012

The real question is - can you afford the payments. If you cannot, no amount of money you pay to an Attorney will "save your home." They can delay the bank from taking it but saving it is completely different. Consult with some bankruptcy attorneys and attorneys that help with modifications. Make sure to ask a lot of questions and get specific answers.

Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
You did not say why the bank would not help you. Anyone in a position to help will need more information. Attorneys will charge you for their services. The right real estate agent will know what questions to ask. In addition, no fee and no obligation, just information tohelp you make the right decision.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
If a short selling is not an option and would like to keep your home, do consider hiring an attorney who specializes in real estate; if you cannot afford one, contact your local Legal Aid Society for a pro bono attorney--free.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
Start calling some bankruptcy attorneys to see if you can qualify. They might be able to help you stall the foreclosure process and be able to keep your home. Talk to a professional, they usually will give a free half hour consultation if you ask. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer