Anjala, Other/Just Looking in Saint Louis County, MO

I'm looking to transfer with my job to Orlando and I'm trying to find out about the neighborhoods to buy a home.

Asked by Anjala, Saint Louis County, MO Thu Sep 17, 2009

Answers

7
Hi Anjala,

Doesn't seem like anybody wants to answer your question, so I'll give it a go.

Orlando's got a great expressway system, so regardless of where your job is at you'll have quite a wide selection with in commuting distance. I specialize in the sourthern part of greater Orlando, which includes southern Orange County and northern Osceola County. You'll find my observations about the neighborhoods I think are best in my website, but let me give you a quick list of places to check out on the internet.

Lake Nona: This is the southeast corner of the city of Orlando and is on the border between Orange and Osceola Counties. It is home to a giant "medical city" that is literally rising out of fields. It represents an investment of billions of dollars. Buying a home near here will be a great invesment. There are good communities available in literally every price range. Lake None is THE place to be investment wise.

Celebration: This is the town that Disney built on the southeast corner of Disney World. I lived there for a couple years and it is definitely worth checking out. It's an easy commute to downtown Orlando and of course, it's the best place to live if you want to get an annual pass and go to Disney World a lot. Even without an annual pass you can go to Downtown Disney for free and get there in less than 10 minutes. Celebration is no longer affiliated with Disney, it's totally independent now.

Harmony: This is where my wife and I chose to settle down and build our house. It's a bit far from downtown Orlando (takes me about 50 minutes to get to our corporate HQ downtown). If you like peace and quiet and family life, then you'll love Harmony.

Dr. Phillips: This is just north of Disney. Here again you'll find a variety of neighborhoods in many price ranges.

There's lots of info on all these places on the internet. They are all worth checking out.

Congratulations on your transfer, you won't miss winter,
Mark LeMenager
Weichert, Realtors - Hallmark Properties
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 18, 2009
Anjala,
First question I would ask you Anjala is where are you going to work ( part of town) then we can best answer your question.
There are a number of great areas.
Please let us know.
Realtor Rick.
Hello Anjala,

Where si your new job located. I can find the neighborhoods close by and send you some information about them. Let me know how I can help you. Also if you want to see what is available in certain areas you can use the home search on my web page that is connected to the mls. web site is www. florida diamondrealty.com. Good Luck!!!

Christy Lake, Realtor
Watson Realty Corp
407-765-1497
clake@watsonrealtycorp.com
Dear Anjala,

As I always say on Trulia, establish a relationship with Realtor here in Orlando. I have been here for 40 years and Orlando is not a little city anymore. Plan on a spending some time here to see where you would like to live. I require that all buyers have a buyers consultation with me before we go anywhere. Financing has to be discussed and many more questions. If I can help please let me know.

Thank you for your question.

Maggie Degennaro,Realtor®
TRC, AHWD, Director Florida Assn. of Realtors
Prudential Florida Realty
407-929-1384
Web Reference: http://www.callmaggietoday
Hi Anjala,

We work with numerous customers relocation from outside of Florida. Of course, coming from St. Louis, there are various differences and criteria you would want to evaluate. Assuming you have children, of course, the schools are an important criteria, price range of particular areas, commute times to work, what if any locations do you need to be close to and of course the type of housing you prefer.

We typically recommend and conduct a needs assessment of our relocating customers. That is, we send you a detailed questionnaire for you to complete that gives us a better perspective of your wants and needs and then call you to discuss it. We then give you our recommendations on a strategy and what is not only going to work best for you but works into your timeframe, scheduling and availability. Lastly, we explain our philosophy and overall real estate and relocation philosphy and go forward from that point. There is no cost or obligation on your part to take part in that.

Please let me know if I can provide additional information or future real estate assistance.

Marty Kaiser
Certified Relocation Professional
Accredited Buyer's Representative(ABR)
marty@floridasells.com
407-595-9700
Web Reference: http://www.floridasells.com
Your request is pretty vague as Orlando is an extremely large city with many different communities and neighborhoods, catering to all types of lifestyles, price ranges and neighborhood amenities.

If you would like to respond here, or email me with your requests (price ranges, type of home, schools, preferred amenities of a neighborhood, etc.) I can definitely point you in a better direction and even provide you with a list of homes actively on the market and available within the areas.

I am an active, full-time Realtor in Orlando and can provide you with a great deal of information for many different areas.

Steffani Martino, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
Steffani.Martino@FloridaMoves.com
Anjala,
I know a Realtor in the Orlando area, let me know so i can connect you with her,she is very dedicated with buyers,
Web Reference: http://www.rosiemorot.com