Home Buying in New York>Question Details

jmalone, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I'm looking to purchase an apartment in Queens. How do I go about finding a buyer's agent to represent me?

Asked by jmalone, New York, NY Sat Jan 26, 2013

Answers

12
Christopher Pagli’s answer
Hi, You can either look for a personal referral from a friend, family member, or colleague. if not check out http://www.REBAC.net, this is the real estate buyers agent counsel. I am a member and it's a great resource for buyers agents all over the country.

Chris
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 27, 2013
I would be happy to speak with you and get more information
on what type of agent you really need. Please just give me
a call as soon as you can.
Thank you.

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group llc
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 26, 2013
Hello J Malone,

I would be happy to help you. Give me a call or email me to discuss your needs.

----

Nicolas Puygrenier ǀ Licensed Real Estate Broker
Mona Lisa Real Estate Group LLC
419 Lafayette Street, New York, NY 10003
Telephone: 917 499 1917
Email: nicolas.puygrenier@monalisanyc.com
Jmalone,
Good for you for recognizing the importance of working with a buyer's agent. The knowledge, experience and negotiating skills of an experienced agent will save you lots of time, money and aggravation.
I would suggest you go to the top of the page here on Trulia, put in the neighborhood you are interested in and click "Find a Pro."

Best of luck to you!

I frequently do transactions in Queens representing buyers. Feel free to contact me.

Michael Richman
Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker
KIAN Realty NYC, LLC
450 7th Ave Suite 1501
New York, N.Y. 10123
Off: 212-757-8268 x 220
Fax: 212-239-4538
MRichman@KianRealtyNYC.com
KIANRealtyNYC.com
J Malone,

All Realtors can represent either the Seller or the Buyer.

I or any of my agents would be delighted to represent you.

Feel free to contact us at gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com or
718-928-9580 to discuss your requirements.
Valaree,

There's a couple of major mistakes with your reply. "Legally, there is no buyer's agent in New York", REALLY, I'm a buyer's agent and so is Anna so are we illegal agents? Buyer representation is not practiced much in Queens but the option is there as is with the rest of the state and it certainly is not illegal.

Also as an agent you should know that you it is violation to steer a buyer to a particular neighborhood as you have done for LIBOR and Department of state officials to see. If you value your license you might want to be careful.

Janet Nation, CBR
Sailing Home Realty
Direct: 646-321-9649
Office: 516-377-4760
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
http://www.jnationproperties.com
Ask people you may know for referrals; or contact and interview a few local agents from different realty companies, then choose the onre you like best....
Legally, there is no buyer's agent in New York. But it's easy to find seller's agent who will be paid by the seller but helping you find your dream apartment as buyer's agent dose.

The first step is that you have to decide which area in Queens you are interested in. If you are looking for an area which has good school ranking, then you should considerate about Forest Hill and Bayside; if you want to be close to manhatthan, then you can considerate Astoria or Long island city. For investment purpose, woodside, corona, flushing, Elmhurst and even Jamacia will be a place to considerate.

If you have more questions, you can contact me:917-582-4625 or email me at valeree@nyrealestateinfo.com.

Valeree J. Luo
I am going to be brutally honest - buyer agent representation can both help you and hurt you in the Queens market. I am a Manhattan agent, and I teamed up with a partner in our Queens office to get as wide of a cooperation circle as possible, and still there are listing brokers that don't cooperate with us.

The way this affects you is - imagine seeing multiple apartment, spotting one on line that looks like THE ONE - then find out that this is a non-copbroke situation.

If you can find true trust in a broker who can represent you exclusively who can fidn a workaround to keep your cost basis of buying the property while having you compensate him/her in such cases, then you are golden.

My partner and I specialize in Jackosn Heights NY - there is a lot of helpful buyer information on our site. Hope this helps you, especially in Queens market.
http://www.jacksonheightslistings.com

Warmly
Armen
You can ask to meet with an agent at their office or you can meet at a some neutral place to discuss what you are looking for. You should ask questions like "do you have a current real estate license?" and what neighborhoods in Queens fit my budget.
My name is David and I'm an agent at Nest Seekers International. I can most definitely help you in your search. Feel free to email me at davids@nestseekers.com with any questions you have. Thanks.