Home Buying in Orlando>Question Details

Ashia Reeder, Both Buyer and Seller in Michigan

I'm looking to open a home daycare in center Florida and looking for a house that will allow this.

Asked by Ashia Reeder, Michigan Sun Oct 26, 2008

I will like to relocate to central Florida. I have been running a Daycare out of my home for 7 years now here in Michigan, I'm looking for a home for lease that will allow me to do so. I will like to buy after my home sell here, and I will like to see how the area is first before I buy.

Answers

3
You will probably want to look for properties without an HOA in addition to the other answers posted.
Ashia,

Not only will the zoning come into play but you want to lease so you will need to get permission from the landlord as this isn't your everyday home based business and also there is all the permits.

Keeping a few kids is completely different from running a Day Care.

Dave Lowe
Broker, e-PRO, GRI
Web Reference: http://two4oneoforlando.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 26, 2008
You will need to check with your Realtor to look for homes that are zoned for day care use. Not all homes are. Then you obviously know what features you will want to prosper in a day care facility out of your home. You need a large space for the children to play in a fenced yard. You will want to have inside play space as well because there may be rainy days or afternoons that are too warm to play outside for a long time, especially in central Florida areas like Orlando.

The weather is actually more moderated along the east coast where the ocean helps to moderate the weather both with higher winter temperatures and lower summer temperatures than in the interior counties. For example, our average winter temperature in Vero Beach, Florida is about 74 degrees while the summer averages 84.

You should be able to lease a home first because there is so much excess inventory and then buy after you sell your Michigan home. Good luck to you.