Home Buying in Fort Myers>Question Details

Tonjia Robin…, Home Buyer in Fort Myers, FL

I'm looking to buy my first home can someone help me with what I need to do to purchase a home

Asked by Tonjia Robinson, Fort Myers, FL Wed Jun 13, 2012

You need to work with a realtor who will in addition to helping you locate and negotiate your best deal, they’ll offer you a Buyer's Agent Credit.

Contact me and I'll put you in touch with realtors that will share the real estate points as well as help you negotiate your best deal.

200k sales price = $2,000 Buyer's Agent Credit to buyer

300k = $5,000

400k = $8,000

500k = $10,000

You can use this buyer’s agent credit to pay closing cost and/or help obtain your lowest interest rate!

HERE’S HOW IT WORKS: http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/05/realtor_bid_prog…

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage
Ph: 888 662 4404
If you plan on financing your home you will need to speak to your lender and find the price range for which your qualify. Once you know the amount that you want to spend on your home, you will need to deternine the area that you would like to live, and the size of the home or condo you would like to purchase. Sit down with your real estate professional and ask them to do a comprehensive search of everything that is availible with your requirements and price range. There are two tools that feed directly from the MLS that your realtor may provide for you. One is "Listingbook" and the other is a "Client Portal", both give you updates daily on new properties that come onto the market with your specifications. You will want to view several houses in your price range to see what is on the market, this will allow you to make an informed decision. Once you find your home the negotiation process begins. You will need to put a deposit down on the property as well as make an offer that is realistic for both you and the seller.
Once an offer has been accepted you will want to get a home inspection. If you are getting a mortgage make sure that you have all of the necessary paperwork that the bank requires, this will help to speed up the mortagage commitment process. The lender will usually do an appraisal and have a survey done of the property.

Also, shop for insurance companies. In "Southwest Florida", many insurance companies may require a wind mitigation to lower your insurance rates. Your home inspector may give you a reduced rate on the wind mitigation report if is is done at the same time as the inspection.

Joanne LaFleur Broker/Associte
Jones & Company Realty
(239) 634-0982

At Marlin International Realty we specialize in first time home buyers. What a great time to be purchasing your first home! Interest rates are at record lows, homes in our market have come off the bottom and are ticking up in terms of selling price. THere;s still plenty of great homes at excellent prices in the marketplace.With a good credit score and a small down payment (FHA) you could be on your way to home ownership and all the advantages that presents.

Step 1. Get prequalified for a mortgage
I can introduce you to one of our lenders who can work with you to determine your personal
purchasing power. Today all offers need to be accompanied by a prequalification letter from
a lender.

Step 2. Start shopping.
I will work with you to determine your wants and needs in your new home and begin a custom search that updates daily. You will have access to these MLS Listings via internet.
Call me and we can discuss.
Mike McBride
Marlin International Realty
I would be happy to help you get your first home. Please contact me if you need my assistance. Have been a top local Realtor for 28 years and helped thousands of buyers. Thanks.
It is an exciting time to purchase your first home. Educating yourself in the process and setting personal goals and expectations in a great first step. Today's market requires you first see a lender to see how much you would qualify to borrow. Hopefully that lender will also help you understand all the costs involved in home ownership. If you are not sure how to begin this step I can help you with this.

I was a teacher for many year and educating a first-time buyers is so exciting! I would be honored to help educate you in the process and guiding you though each step.

Please give me a call so we can set up a time to discuss the process.

Congratulations on beginning your first home purchase :)

Linda Tuffree
Keller Williams
Great decision !
Mortgage rates are very appealing right now!
First you should find a mortgage broker and find out how exactly you qualify for,
If there are any credit issues to be cleared up.
I can recommend some good mortgage brokers if you like.
Once you have a that squared away shop around for an Realtor you feel comfortable with, One that returns calls in a timely fashion, Responds to emails promptly, Listens, one that works full time in real estate.

Start searching now and have the advantage of searching like a Pro !
Just sign up for a listingbook account on the front page of my site, you'll receive the latest listing sent right to your inbox!
I"m a buyers agent I work for you! The listing agent works for the seller !
No tricks ,No gimmicks, No harassing phone calls.
You tell me when you're ready !!!!
Click the link below for a free listingbook account:

Best regards ,
Susan Callahan, ABR, CNS
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate LLC
CELL: 239-896-6342
7205 Estero Blvd # 724 Fort Myers Beach, FL. 33931
E-Mail: Agent4lee@aol.com
Give me a call at 239-707-4575 and I will be more than happy to tell you the steps you need to take as well as answer any questions you may have.
Choose a Realtor whom you like and trust. They will then walk you through the process of making a good real estate decision and finding the property that best suits you.
Feel free to call me if you like. I've been heling first time home buyers for 15 years.
Michele Santucci - 239-267-1500
Sandals Realty
First step is choosing a Realtor. Choose wisely and it will make a world of difference. We would love to help....let me know.

Hi Tonjia!
Please refer to http://www.propertyguiding.com. There you'll find each step you need to move forward in your home purchase. There you'll find pertinent information on Real Estate, Finance, Inspections, Law & Title. Our team of experts would love to help you!
I just looked up my credit score and its 574
Flag Wed Jun 13, 2012
Hello Tonjia,

congratulation on thinking of becoming a first-time-homeowner.

Unless you are a cash buyer, I would recommend contacting a lender in regards a mortgage loan pre-approval.
With a pre-approval letter in hand you can start your shopping - real estate agents and sellers will take you much more seriously when they see you have your mortgage funding in place.

Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience, if I may be of any service to you.

Beate Rodriguez
Lic. Loan Originator

Cell: 954.695.4849
Unless you're paying cash, the most important first step is to speak to a loan professional. They can help you determine the best loan program (FHA, USDA, conventional) based on your credit score and income and also help you determine a price range. Once you know what type of financing you need and have a budget in mind interview real estate professionals to find the best personality fit and work style. We are all independent contractors and run our businesses differently. Finding someone that you feel comfortable with is extremely important.

If you do have any questions or would like a few suggestions on finding a good loan officer feel free to contact me directly.
Hi Tonjia,
The first thing I would do is find a realtor that you would enjoy working with. Then make sure you are prequalified through a lender. Please give me a call and I can help you through the process.

Kindest Regards,
Pam Wittenauer