Home Buying in Ossining>Question Details

Jen, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I'm looking to buy my first home but am feeling overwhelmed by looking in all of Westchester; I'm looking for an agent who can make recommendations

Asked by Jen, New York, NY Tue Jul 23, 2013

I need an agent who is knowledgeable about the different neighborhoods and can make suggestions, even on places in relatively different areas. I'm a transplant from the midwest so I don't have a lot of good points of reference in my search.

I'm looking for a house with a yard that feels private (can see trees, not other houses) and has a garage. So far Ossining seems to fit the bill for my price range, but should I be considering other areas?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

10
Hi Jen - in case you haven't found a Realtor, I can help. I am a full time Realtor and know Ossining very well as well as most of Northern Westchester & Putnam Counties. The first question I have for you is where will you be working? Do you need to be close to the train? Do you have children? http://www.greatschools.net is the place to research schools. How much do you want to pay in taxes? Ossining has high taxes for the size house you can buy! http://www.YourHouseListingbook.com is the best place to search!

Feel free to email, call or text
Noreen Parrell
Certified Buyer Representative
Noreen.Parrell@randrealty.com
914-406-5291
Not sure if you have found an agent to help with your search but if I may insert some helpful advice...Buying a first home can feel overwhelming, but it should be your agent that bears that burden, not you. It is also your agent's job to consolidate your wants/needs in such a way that is targeted. There may not be a need to scour through an entire suburb. There are many knowledgeable agents out there. I wish you all the best in your search!

Xavier Durrant
I would be glad to help you find a house in Ossining.
I need to know number of bedrooms & bathrooms; what your budget is and then I will send you some listings. From those listings you can choose what you would like to see and I will make the appointments.

Betty Laurenson
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
bettylaurenson@gmail.com

Cell phone: (914) 473-4819
I personally think you should. Even though I could provide you with a quality Agent for Westchester County, I think you should consider Rockland County. You will definitely get a better "bang for your buck" and the quality of life on the other side of the Bridge is a great drawing point. Let me know if you are interested in receiving listings that fit your criteria & getting the quality service you & your family deserve. You can contact me at allan.erps@randrealty.com or cell/text 845-304-3040. I wish you well. Regards Allan
Hi Jen

I can give you access to the system in the form called ListingBook which will give you full details on homes that are for sale.
email or call me and ask for ListingBook access for Westchester I also, have access to the Bronx/Long Island.

Jennifer Zucco
(914)562-7575
j_colicino@yahoo.com
I would be glad to help you find a house - I work mostly along the rivertowns - from Croton on Hudson to Yonkers. There are lovely homes all along this areas.
I need to know number of bedrooms & bathrooms; what your budget is and then I will send you some listings and you can choose what you would like to see.

Betty Laurenson
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
Cell phone: (914) 473-4819
Hi Jen

Feel free to give me a call. I can walk you through step by step of home buying process.
Rest assure it will happen. You will find the perfect home.
From one Jen to another I'll help guide you in the right direction

Jennifer Zucco
Charles Rutenberg Realty
(914)562-7575
j_colicino@yahoo.com
Hi Jen,

Welcome to Westchester!

House hunting can be tiring and stressful -- particularly if you're working and/or raising a family at the same time.

Ossining is a great choice. Very scenic and open.

I'd like the opportunity to help you find your new home. Our organization is devoted to helping buyers find their dream house -- often under full market value.

Feel free to visit our site and let us know exactly what you're looking for in a home: Your price range, how many rooms, when you'd like to move in, etc.

George Stroud

Westchester Real Estate Service

http://www.WestchesterRES.com

914-595-2634
Web Reference: http://WestchesterRES.com
Hi Jen: I can definitely help you with your search. I'm very familiar with all of Westchester County. Please call me at my office: 914-273-9688. Thanks. I look forward to speaking with you. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty. http://www.GrandLuxRealty.com.

We're looking for more agents & offer commission splits up to 90% with no fees. If you know anybody who might be interested I'll pay you up to $2,000 each for your agent recruits.
Hi, I have lived in Westchester most of my life ansd sell homes from Somers down to Yonkers. Most of my business is referrals from past clients, feel free to read my testimonials on the profile page. Typically I set up a time to meet new customers in my office to discuss needs, lifestyle, etc. With that information I can recommend different areas in Westchester. Please feel free to message me or call direct if interested in setting up a "no strings attached" meeting. Based on the basic criteria you provided, there are many other options. Your price range will determine a lot.

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023