Luvstocook, Home Buyer in Milwaukee, WI

I'm looking to buy an old house that has code violations.

Asked by Luvstocook, Milwaukee, WI Sat Jul 6, 2013

How much time do I have to get the code violations remediated??

Answers

11
The city will give you some time (60 days or so) to show that you are making progress. If you need more time, you will have to show the city why you are delayed and what plans you have.
Luvstocook,

If you are looking to purchase a house with code violation I would recommend you using an experienced contractor. Depending on what he violation is you may need a permit before work can actually be performed which can cause additional delays.

If you need a referral for an excellent contractor please fee free to contact me at manuelbrown@imovechicago.com.

Best of Luck
talk with Jeremy Rose of Prospect for a 203k

Jeremy Rose - Your Home Loan Professional - Prospect Mortgage
http://www.myprospectmortgage.com/jrose/‎
Jeremy Rose is an experienced, efficient, and courteous loan professional in Chicago, IL that works hard to provide you with the best home loan options
The city will usually give you at least 60 days to show you are working on the problems. Much of this has to do with the scope of work and to a certain extent, the past behavior of the current owner. You would be well served to have an attorney who spends time in building court work with you, I have a great reference, just email me and I can get you her contact info next week.
If your looking to get a loan it wont be possible. They also wont let you get these taken care of on your own if you dont own the property. I would stay away from this particular type of property.
Web Reference: http://Americorpre.com
Again, no lender will give you a mortgage on a house that will not pass for a C of O. The town will not let you move in with dangerous code violations. But come to think of it, you will need the C of O in a cash deal, too. So all repairs must be made before the closing. Be careful. Unless, if WI is part of the uncivilized US where caveat emptor exists, you can do what you want. I doubt that you can legally occupy an unsafe dwelling because you want to, or are brave and talented with your hands in the building trades. But keep us posted.
I'm going to assume you are an investor looking to buy something that not many other people would want to even have their hands on therefore allowing you less competition and a lower dollar however keep in mind that code violations depending on how many and which ones they are - such as electrical for example can be costly. However any home that is listed on the market can be found through a Real Estate Agent and even try craigslist. I'd bet you could even contact a wholesaler and you do that through calling the signs around town that say we buy home CASH and tell them you are a cash buyer. That way they will just call you when they have homes - little to no work on that end.
As far as how long you have to fix the code violations - they have to be fixed before you intend to occupy it or have it approved by the city for occupancy.
Flag Sat Jul 6, 2013
I typed my phone number incorrectly, my phone number is 847-987-2198
Why do you want to buy a house that could turn out to be a nightmare?
Contact me and lets figure out if this is the best way to spend your money.
My email is martinsanchez@realtor.com or 87-987-2198
If you have cash, you can take your time. No lender will take your risk on a house with violations, assuming the local authority requires a C of O for the next occupant. What are you trying to do, really?
Why are you going to buy a baf Apple ? Try to avoid it