Home Buying in Port Orange>Question Details

G.M., Real Estate Pro in Boston, MA

I’m looking to buy a single home in Port Orange area. However for the first 4-5 years the home would be rented out. Any suggestions of the area?

Asked by G.M., Boston, MA Wed Aug 15, 2012

At this time we can comfortably afford to spend $130,000

Answers

14
I would absolutely recommend working with a good agent. They can show you the areas that are not only priced in your budget, but also that are easy to rent; with rent-friendly convenants in hot locations.
Call My anytime $ell 1-386-690-6546 you need a Realtor, You need a local, you need me!
Good afternoon. I would be more than happy to assist you with finding a home. My company also handles property management. Port Orange in whole is a desirable area with many new restaurants and shops entering our community. There is a lot of new home construction also taking place so our city is growing. Regarding rental potential, properties in the Spruce Creek High School district are even more desirable. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks. cherylj.realtor@gmail.com
My name is Rick Hose with Exit Martin. I have a Great home 2B2B in a Great school zone. It is at 205 Devon in Port Orange Fl. It is under 100K and very nice. Large lot and ready to rent or move into. I can help you with any of these Real Estate needs. I know this area very well and have lived here for over 25 Yrs.

Look forward in speaking with you,

Rick Hose
rick@exitmartin.com
386-527-5358
Hello! I can assist you in a search with no strings attached. Hopefully you will like my working with you and choose to stick with me:) I was just in Boston two weeks ago, so I know you will be pleased with what $130k will buy here in Port Orange. Please call me so I know particulars; do you need school systems, pool/no pool, have pets who need fenced yard etc.?? Feel free to learn more about our area (and me too) at: http://www.PortOrangeRealtyPro.com 386-562-1811 Vicky Bowie SFR, PA
-
G.M.

with 20% down on a rental property purchase, would an $800.00 to $700.00 totoal payment work?

http://www.pro-option.com

-
Hello:

I'm loking to sell my home in the next few months. Asking price $95,000.
It is on Ruth Street Port Orange. 1 mile to the beach and right off the main rd. Dunlawton avenue;
shopping restaurants, gyms parks galore.
There are many long term residents in my neighborhood; but a good mix of rentals too.
It would probably rent for $900 -$950.

contact wake@bellsouth.net
Could you please provide more details about your home?
My direct email is gmezini@yahoo.com
Flag Thu Aug 30, 2012
I might add further that my company also does Property Management throughout the area and we would be able to assist you from the purchase through handling your rental.
The Willow Run area of Port Orange has affordable housing in your price range, centrally located and is a good rental area and NO HOA fees. Another area would be Summer Trees however this area has an HOA but the fees are minimal. Let me know if I can further assist you with your search.
Can you provide more details?
My email is gmezini@yahoo.com
Flag Thu Aug 30, 2012
Hi GM,

Sorry about the delay in answering - was a busy day yesterday and today will be too.

Over 40% of the single family residential properties in Port Orange in that price range are foreclosure related. It is an excellent area to purchase a rental - here is a fairly recent article from Money Magazine:

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2012/real_estate/1206/gallery…

Here is another very useful link. It lets you compare areas and market rents:
http://www.findahomeinportorange.com/micompare/zip/32128/com…

We own rental property in this market and have put together a team to assist small and big investors with insurance, lawn care, pools, and maintenance, etc. Our KW company has agents and brokers who are large and small investors, so plenty of free advise is available.

It sounds as if you may be buying now, and renting until you can come here and live full or part time. An excellent strategy. I have some solid ideas about where to buy in Port Orange based on educational attainment levels, school quality, and income levels - these create long term stability in neighborhoods which reduces your risk.

It appears you need to work with someone who is connected to the investor community, has many years of experience in foreclosure related property, has experience with out of state buyers, and can help you put together a plan. We are your one stop shop for Port Orange Real Estate - and the seller pays us - not you.

Thanks for your interest in Port Orange.

Phil

Phil & Lucy Hanner
Experienced Short Sales Agent
Accredited REO Agentâ„¢
http://www.findahomeinportorange.com
Keller Williams Realty Florida Partners
3510 S. Nova Road, Suite 112
Port Orange, FL 32129
Licensed Realtor
Cell: 386-214-7745 Lucy Cell: 386-214-6220
Fax: 386-944-2808
email: PHILHANNER@GMAIL.COM

"Wait long. Strike fast."
Member South Daytona/Port Orange Chamber of Commerce
Member Central Florida Realty Investors
Hi G.M.
I lived in the North End of Boston during the early nineties and moved here from Plum Island, MA. I would be happy to assist you with your real estate needs in the greater Daytona Beach area. I just helped a couple from Mansfield, MA purchase a home for 140K in the area so I am quite familar with your price range. I can even help you secure a long term tenant for the house after you close.

Feel free to look at homes on my website or to give me a call if I may be of assistance. The market is heating up here right now, especially with investors. It would probably be beneficial to set you up with an automated email that lets you know about the best homes as soon as they become available.

Best of luck in your real estate endeavors!
Kandi Schromm
Re/Max Property Centre
386-852-9174
Hi Kandi,
Thank you for your answer. I have visited the Port Orange twice and met with few agents, however I did not get a convincing answer regarding the preferred rental area. I was hoping someone’s answer would be more helpful. We would like to find out what is our best option; buying a home around $100,000 rent it out for the next 4-5 years and buy up another one closer to our retirement time or just buy and hold the one we would retire, in that case we could go up to $130000. I will come back to Port Orange in few months maybe then we can talk in more details. I already have an automated listing coming.
Flag Wed Aug 15, 2012
-
-
20% down , investment property purchase with closing costs paid for buyer

http://www.pro-option.com
Determining a geographical area in Port Orange is difficult without know more of your needs but a majority of the homes in your price range are going to be east of I-95. I would consider the epicenter of town is close to the intersection of I-95 and Dunlawton so I would assume that area will only get more established in the next 4-5 years. As for homes, In general, the newer homes in Port Orange are closer to I-95 and as you move east the homes get older. Perhaps focusing on a rental in a school district may be a good place to start considering future tenants wants? Some highly desirable school districts with homes in your price range would be Sweetwater Elementary and Spruce Creek Elementary. If you would like a list of homes available in these areas please feel free to give me a call (386) 295-5868 or shoot me an email (AaronFSalvador@gmail.com)
Just drop me a line @ 1-386-690-6546 (anytime SELL Phone) and ill send you the best deals in town for your review