Home Buying in Melbourne>Question Details

Charles Adams, Home Owner in Winchester, VA

I'm looking to buy a house in the Melbourne area to live in during the cold Northern months. How do I get it looked after when I'm not there?

Asked by Charles Adams, Winchester, VA Wed Oct 17, 2012

Answers

6
Bill Eckler-Florida,’s answer
Hi Charles,

Your concern is legitimate but one that is easily resolved. There are a wide variety of options that can provide you with relief. First, there are any number of security services that will contract regular visits to your home and check on it. There is also the option of having a good neighbor provide the same. Additionally, there are any number of communities that are gated and/or guarded that provide people with the level of service they require.

The bottom line is that approximately 40% of the homes in Florida are not full time residences. This results in a good number of people finding themselves in the same situation as you envision yourself. Don't let this be a deterrent to your dream of escaping the uncomfortable northern winter temperatures because your concerns are real but the solutions...easily accomplished!

Best wishes,

Hi Charles, I am the Property Management Director for RE/MAX Elite and service all of Brevard County. You can give me a call and I will go over our programs. I am sure we have a program that will fit your needs. Our Property Management Division has over 50 years experience combined with our 5 Property Managers. We can also help you to find the home you would want to invest in so you would only be working with one company for your purchase and property management. Give me a call at: 321-863-7824 or e-mail: sheryljones625@gmail.com .... I will be looking forward to hearing from you and proving to you we have the best service in town! Sincerely, Sheryl
Hi Sandra,

Are you interested only in single family homes, or might you be interested in a condo or townhome? Condos are easier to leave for long periods of time due to the fact that they have the grounds, pool, etc. maintained, so you can just lockup and go. However, there are also neighborhoods where lawns are maintained also. During the time you are in your home or condo, I'm sure that you would make friends who could advise you.

If you are interested in a condo, I have a lovely one listed in Satellite Beach with a beautiful view of the pool, rec. room and miles and miles out into the Atlantic Ocean. If you are interested, please let me know and I could e-mail you the listing. Also, if you are not already working with a Realtor, I would be glad to e-mail you listings of properties according to your wants and needs.

Ruth Ann Harvey
ruth.harvey22@gmail.com
321-480-0833
321-480-0833
That is a Great question! I recently sold a home to some people from Maine, who had the same question. They decided to have their pool maintained by a professional pool company, that would also update them on any exterior property concerns, should one arise. They also have a good yard crew that will do the same. They always close their storm shutters and turn off the water to the sinks and toilets before they leave. Having a good neighbor is also a plus!
Sandk2u@aol.com
Depending of where you would like to buy, you could always rent it out seasonally, then you would be able to have it managed while you are not there. Or depending on the community HOA might be able to arrange something.

If you would like I would love to help you find somewhere you could feel comfortable about leaving your home in the summer months. Go to my website to search or if you have any further questions.
There's a very good possibility that one of your new neighbors will keep an eye out for you. Melbourne is a very friendly town.
If you need any help finding a place, please let me know.
Phil Rotondo, ERA Showcase Properties and Investments
Melbourne, Fl.
1-321-394-7878
mailto:phil@321property.com