Home Buying in Buena Park>Question Details

Jeanette, Home Buyer in Buena Park, CA

I'm looking to buy a house in BP i have a PQ. I've had 3 agents and no luck I need a good agent that can get me a house in 2 months

Asked by Jeanette, Buena Park, CA Thu Aug 5, 2010

please.

Answers

8
Where did you find fault with these three Agents? Any Agent can get you to a house you like. You could, although not advisable, do that yourself. The problem is it's not sold until it's funded. Was there a reason you choose a PQ instead of a PA? .... Happy funding, Rudi
Web Reference: http://www.umboc.com
I have been in the business 30+ years and know how frustrating it is to buy a home in this competitive market. But the advise given to get a preapproval letter is a excellent one and will help. Also, you should pick an agent who has the experience and knowledge and follow-up so that you can get your offer in as soon as possible and also provide you with the details to make your offer be attractive to either the standard seller or the REO bank. The short sale listings will not close in two months, so you should avoid looking at those.

If I can answer any other questions about the process and how to be successful in getting your offer accepted, feel free to contact me.

Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker
All of us can help you. Check out our Q&A section of our profiles on trulia, and maybe call the agents you like best to interview them.

Being a buyer in this market can be frustrating, it's not necessarily fun for agents either. But that's not reason for your agent to abandon you. Most of us are pros, but there are some who pretend to be and then you find out the hard way that they are not.

Good luck with whoever you choose to use.
Hi Jeanette,
The pre-approval is what you get after you send all your records to a lender and the have time to review them (ie. paystubs, tax returns, proof of down payment etc...). I have a good lender that can help you with that.

As to a good agent. I create a very specific search in my system and set up a website for each of my buyers that they can access 24 hours a day. When a new listing comes on the market, my clients are notified ASAP, even before the properties end up on the internet. It's a great tool and my clients have found it very helpful.

On a side note, calling off signs and ads is a waste of time as most agents do not call back.

Check out my bio at my website and then we can talk about your purchase plans. I'd like to see you in a home within 2 months too!

Have a great night.

Aaron Zapata, Broker with Prudential CA Realty
Web Reference: http://www.aaronzapata.com
So what is the difference between a prequal and a pre-approval?And no the agents I've had did not notify me of new listings and I would'nt even hear from them and it was so hard to reach them or to have them return a phone call. This is why I'm asking for a agent who is experienced and has good ethics and will help me to find a home.
Hi Jeanette, as an experienced REALTOR I can see a problem even with the little information you have shared with us. First, due to the market conditions any agent attempting to write an offer with only a pre-qual letter is nuts, literally. Most listing agents will only accept an offer from a buyer with a pre-approval from a direct lender.

Second, a buyer telling me that they have gone through three agents in two months tells me there is also something not right with the buyer. Please hear me out. I see this as a lack of commitment from you to your agent, and if this is the case I can see why you are using agents as tissue paper. You must, I repeat, you must select one agent with whom you are committed to, and who in return will commit to you as your agent. A buyer-agent relationship is very important where it is understood you both are working together for the same out come. I never work for any buyers who are wishy washy about me being there

And finally, you have to understand that it could take you as long as 5 months to have one of your offers accepted by a seller. Presently there is a lack of inventory and more so if you are trying to buy a home under $300,000. Though this has started to change a bit since May of this year, but it is still tough to get an offer through.

I can go on and on as to the reasons you may be have problems, though the key is selecting a professional REALTOR, being pre-approved by a direct lender, and committing yourself to that agent!

Hope this helps you out and please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have at (714) 612-0995 or you can write to GGasparRE@Yahoo.com

Shel-lee is on the money with her questions. Some agents will not give you a lot of direction on what to put in your offer due to a lack of experience or just a lack of effort. If they have not dicussed how to make your offer stronger it may be time to change agents.

On another note I would be happy to assist you with a pre-approval instead of just a prequal. We can turn a pre-approval around the same day.
Jeanette:

First get a pre-approval! A pre-qual is not going to give you much leverage as you make your offers.

Second, can you give us some information on why you believe you have had no luck? Are you being reasonable with your offers and expectations. Has your agent made sure to show you properties the moment they hit the market? Are you writing strong offers? I would be happy to go over any of these items with you. Contact me through my profile or give me a call. Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis, CDPE, SFR, QSC
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
http://shel-lee.listingbook.com