Home Buying in Hatfield>Question Details

Leroy Travers, Real Estate Pro in Lewes, DE

I'm looking to buy a home with my significant other. I know its not going to be easy - what can i do? I have a nice salary but a credit score of

Asked by Leroy Travers, Lewes, DE Wed Oct 23, 2013

540 or so. Her salary is not so great but credit scores close to 800. I have 12 negatives including 4 charge offs that are 3 years old that total 15000. Two student loans that are in collection totaling 7000. That accounts for a total of 4 negatives . I am in loan rehab so those 4 should go away in 3 months if I understand correctly. I also have a medical collection for 400 that i plan on disputing. Most of this is the result of a bad divorce. I am also showing a 135000 mortgage that belongs to the ex. Recently I finished paying a loan of 10000 off with no negatives and and have had an auto loan for 10 months with no negatives. What do I need to do to get myself in position to buy a home in 6 months? Either traditional or fha ? Debt to income is low- 15!year employment with the same company?

Answers

3
You should seek advice from a proven seasoned veteran loan officer who can give proper guidence regarding your situation. A person who is experienced and wil help you finance your future home is the best way to go.
can you persuede your ex to refinance the mortgage and take you off of it? Find a good local lender and ask their advise. You may also want to talk to someone about how to take title with a significant other so that you are both protected.
There are several paths to follow and our in-house mortgage company has a specific program to put you in a position to qualify for a mortgage in the not-to-distant future. Please contact me directly at ken.krauter@foxroach.com