Home Buying in Tampa Park>Question Details

MC, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

I'm looking to buy a home in either the Sexton Woods or Huntley Hills neighborhoods in Atlanta. It seems

Asked by MC, Atlanta, GA Wed Jul 30, 2008

like Sexton Woods is a little nicer, but I'd appreciate hearing the pros and cons of both neighborhoods from people that live or work there.

Answers

6
Hey MC,

I grew up in Sexton Woods and now bought a home for myself a few years ago in Sexton Woods. I am very familiar with Huntley Hills as well. I prefer Sexton Woods, however homes are generally priced a bit higher in Sexton Woods. Sexton Woods has also seen more new construction than Huntley Hills which to me is a strong indicator of high demand in the neighborhood. Both neighborhoods provide a great location, Huntley Hills has a swimming pool, Sexton Woods does not. Sexton Woods has more sidewalks, and has more outlets to major Roads.

I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about either of the neighborhoods. Feel free to call me anytime at 678-776-0135.
Both areas are good location areas to be in. You are right Sexton Woods is a little nicer with not as many rehab project possibilities as there are in Huntley Hills. The pros of either neighborhood is location. You are inside the perimeter which has better appreciation value and regeneration and development is moving towards this area which always builds up value. Plus the location makes it easier to get to the Buckhead and Perimeter Center business districts. The downside is that regeneration has not fully hit the area yet and the schools are not bad but not the highest scoring ones in DeKalb County. Hope this helps you.
I love how the bottom feeders pounce on potential buyers
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 3, 2008
I commend you on narrowing your area choices and seeking out background knowledge for comparison. You may find that working with a Realtor who actively works this area will not only have information on the best homes listed, in many cases should also have knowledge of several homes being prepared to be placed on the market. I currently know of a few. Over the past 16 years my focus has been the neighborhoods of North Dekalb. It would be my pleasure to discuss these opportunities with you personally. Robin Lanese, Solid Source Realty, 678-231-1412
I work for Muffley & Associates, the #1 Keller Williams team in Atlanta. Our office is in Brookhave, around the corner from both of those areas. Our office has a lot of expertise and knowledge regarding those neighborhoods. Here's a good person to talk to, my teammate Etan: 404-451-2840
Your local realtor will have information on the neighborhoods, homeowner's associations, school systems, community resources, historical sales data, and current home values.
One phone call and you could have all the information you're looking for.