Home Buying in Staten Island>Question Details

Karleen Marc…, Home Buyer in Staten Island, NY

I'm looking to buy a home in Staten Island. How much should I expect to pay for an inspector and a lawyer?

Asked by Karleen Marcone, Staten Island, NY Fri Sep 30, 2011

Answers

7
Hi Karleen,
Don't know about the inspection, but I would suggest calling The Law Offices of Howard M. File, Esq. to take care of any legal matters. 718-494-8800
Web Reference: http://www.hmfesq.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 2, 2011
Some realestates offering free inspections when you buy house! Please call 917-302-9349 if you are interesting
Web Reference: http://sifamilyrealty.com
Little off the subject, but doesn't anyone here think that answering a question that has been already answered by Elizabeth (and right on the money) is redundant?
Attorney fees do vary, therefore shop around; some may charge a flat fee, some may charge hourly rates. Inspection rates can vary as well depending on the size of the property.
Kathleen, you should pay 800-1000 dollars for a lawyer, 400-500 for an inspector. If you need any assistance feel free to give me a call.
Hi Karleen,
Inspector and lawyer charges vary. Speaking from my own clients' experience, inspectors have been anywhere between $300 and $400 depending on services offered. Lawyers have ranged from $800 and up to $1000 for my past clients as well. The important thing though to remember is to pick an inspector or lawyer not based so much on price but on their knowledge and experience. Asking friends or relatives for recommendations based on their satisfaction with a particular professional is far more important than the price to be paid. If you'd like any further help,feel free to call me and be sure to visit my website below where you can search for homes like a realtor!
DEBORAH BRACCO-APPLESEED HOMES
718-619-5701
Hi Karleen,
A home inspection is usually based on the square footage and the type of home your looking to by such as single family, 2 family etc. Expect it to range from 300 minimum! Attorney fees when buying a property range from 900-1200 depending. I hope that helps.