Kensington, Both Buyer and Seller in 92620

I'm looking for the best family neighborhoods in Costa Mesa and Huntington Beach. Costa Mesa, I understand are the Eastside and Mesa Verde. I

Asked by Kensington, 92620 Thu Jul 8, 2010

know Meredith Gardens and Seacliff. Anything else in Huntington?

Answers

10
Now it's time to stretch and get to the real stuff. Click the link below and get the statistics on any school in the state of California. This is called Data Quest by the California Dept. of Education. It gives you reports for accountability (e.g. API, AYP), test data, enrollment, graduates, dropouts, course enrollments, staffing etc. My wife is a teacher who has taught 2nd, 5th, and 4th grades, so I kind of have the inside scoop. She was born and raised in HB, has taught in HB, and we reside in HB with our 3 children. Go to my website http://www.robertfirst.com, click on FAQ, click on the first entry "HB School District Maps", then click on the .pdf to download the compilation of the School District Map Boundaries. This will save you some time searching through all the school district websites and finding them. You can call me anytime with any questions that you my have.
Kensington,

Start with the High Schools, since if they are rated good, so are the middle schools and elementary schools that feed into them. Edison is ranked higher than Huntington Beach High, and then you have Fountain Valley high school - neighborhoods from Huntington Beach feed into there too. Its easy when a client says they want to be in the Edison School District - or they want to be in the Eader elementary, or Sowers middle school neighborhoods - we know exactly what neighborhoods to look into for this reason.

Mesa Verde goes to Estancia High School in Costa Mesa. You can go onto each high schools website and see the boundaries for each and also the lower schools that are in those boundaries.

The OC Register had the rankings about a week ago and Edison and Huntington Beach were ranked Gold, but all of the Huntington Beach High Schools came in to the top 25. There is Edison, Huntington Beach, Marina and Ocean View, and as I said, a lot of the HB kids go to Fountain Valley, too, also a very good high school.

Give me a call and I can clue you in to the feeder schools for each high school, and then what neighborhoods go to each, all the way down to the elementary schools. You can also go to the link provided earlier for greatschools.com and find the information.
Web Reference: http://www.cyndimino.com
Thanks for all the responses. We love Mesa Verde and the Birds area, but are the schools there good (for future resale potential?) Also in Huntington Beach, what are considered the best school districts and thus areas to live based on the quality of the schools?
Dear Kensington:
My thoughts after reading your question is your interest in "family" neighborhoods might have to do with schools and parks. Every city has a website that outlines city resources, crime, demographics, etc. Locate the schools and drive the neighborhoods to determine if it's best for your needs.
http://www.greatschools.com can help with academic decisions.

Often times guard gated communites are maintained at a higher level but can be higher in price. Every city has original homes, newer construction, duplexes, apartments, commercial and industrial areas. If you know Meredith Gardens and SeaCliff you may also be familiar with Huntington Place and The Peninsula - both fabulous places to live!
To provide you an answer depends on your definition of the best family neighborhood, doesn't it? Until you illustrate your vision of a best in class neighborhood, a professional wouldn't be able to assist you.

Because it's your choice, a professional would seek as much information to define the essential elements regarding discriminating neighborhoods along with your goals and objectives .

Choose a Realtor you feel comfortable with or call me for a free consultation otherwise any one's opinion about best neighborhoods isn't your opinion and it's your opinion or determination that's most important to you, isn't it?
Well that is the million dollar question. I bet if you asked 20 different Realtors, or home owners for that matter, you would get 20 different answers. I think we all have our favorites whether they would be Seabury, Glenmar, Park Huntington, Mesa Verde etc.. Good neighborhoods generally start off with good schools. The rest of it is based on personal preferences. A good Realtor that works full time in the areas that you are considering will be able to guide you with type of home you are looking for and the features in the home that you are looking for. They can help you save and also help you make 10's of thousands of dollars over someone who doesn't. I look forward in helping you with any of your real estate needs.
Web Reference: http://www.robertfirst.com
I don't know HB, but in CM don't overlook the Canyon area. Essentially, look at South of Victoria and West of Placentia. It's the SW, but a total gem of a neighborhood. Nice homes like the East side, but less busy and lower cost. It's not going to have that total suburb like feel as Mesa Verde, but if you like the east side, check out that little sw pocket. It feeds to a nice elementary school as well.
There's also the Landmark neighborhood near Beach & Adams, real close to the beach, I know of a really nice house over there, it's not yet on the market but the owners are willing to negotiate right now,,it has a 3 car garage, big lot & room for boat parking, upgraded kitchen, 4 bedrooms really nice!

Let me know if you'd like to see it?

You can also search the MLS just like I do, by visiting my website & signing up for a Listingbook acct., you can even search the different MLS areas in Huntington Beach or Costa Mesa, narrow down your search to JUST what you're looking for. I think you'll like it!

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053cell
Hi Kensington,
It really depends on your budget and what style house you're interested in. If you're interested in Eastside CM and Mesa Verde, you may also like some of the neighborhoods in South HB near Brookhurst/Atlanta. There's also Huntington Hills - Yorktown/Newland area. On the West side of HB, another nice area is near Meadowlark as well as just South of Warner/Springdale. And of course, there's the Harbour.

I was born and raised in HB and know it well. There's a section on my Website titled "Huntington Beach Areas" which may guide you further. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Nicole
Web Reference: http://www.nicoleshomes.com
Hi, Kensington

I am a Realtor here in Huntington Beach and I work all of the areas you are interested in. You have mentioned areas in each city that have great neighborhoods and great schools. There are also the Deane Homes, La Cuesta homes and others in Huntington Beach.

Each of these cities have other pockets that are very good too. I know these cities well as well as the school districts and the homes associated with each of them. If I can help you with this, please contact me.

Cyndi Mino
First Team Real Estate
714-349-2424
Web Reference: http://www.cyndimino.com