Home Buying in Gaithersburg>Question Details

atoz27, Home Seller in Gaithersburg, MD

I'm looking for short sale realtors/law firms who have an excellent track record, efficient and care about their client.

Asked by atoz27, Gaithersburg, MD Thu Jul 26, 2012

I have a property in Gaithersburg, MD that I'll be short selling. I'm looking for Realtors and/or law firms who are experts in this field with a good reputation of success and reliability. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

19
I've completed several short sale listings successfully over the past couple of years, including one other listing that just came on the market this week.

I've begun working with a law firm in the past couple of months that has blown my socks off in terms of knowledge, follow-up, and consistency. There isn't another firm I'd work with.

It's imperative that you start the process correctly. People have come to me after attempting the short sale already, and have done irreparable damage to their credit and chances of completing the short sale than was necessary.

I own a brokerage based in North Silver Spring, and I work in Gaithersburg often. If it sounds like we should talk more, give me a call to set up a time.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 26, 2012
Sorry to hear that you have to do that. it's never easy I am sure. I am not a Realtor, I am a lender but over the years I have met several excellent Realtors and I would be happy to pass along a few names of people. I suggest talking to 2-3 and asking them the same questions you posed here plus a few more and go from there. If I can be of help please let me know.

Brent Mendelson
Senior Loan Officer
1ST Mariner Mortgage
O-240-235-5314
C-301-412-0259
F-240-235-8236
Bmendelson@1stMarinerbank.com
Lending in all 50 states
nmls#111407
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 26, 2012
I see you posted this over a year ago at which time I commented then. I hope you had success in your Short Sale. For those who are still on the fence about doing a Short Sale, let me assure you that it's not your fault you are in this situation. So, the guilt and sense of doing something wrong should fall by the wayside. Plenty of good, moral, and ethical people have gone through this process and did so as a business decision so that they can get their life back on track.

I am partnered with Signature Settlements who is outstanding at managing Short Sales for Realtors. They have handled all my Short Sales (can't tell you how many since there were so many) and we even managed to have several clients walk away with not just $3k through the HARP program but also another client walked away with over $20k since their loan was with Bank of America and this lender was ordered by the government to reimburse clients for the money they dishonestly took from them.

So, if I can be of any assistance to anyone who is looking to sell short of their loan balance, I welcome the opportunity to assist you. Although the process is no fun, I can assure you that my team and I minimize the stress and anxiety through our experience with the process.

Learn more about me at http://www.SignatureHomeSales.com.

Good luck to all homeowners!

Cathy Chapman, Broker
Signature Home Sales
301-514-6839
Thank you for your inquiry. and I'm sorry to hear of your situation. If you have not already spoke with your lender about alternatives to short sales that may allow you to stay in your home, if desired, please do so.

In the event you do need to sell, I have closed numerous short sales and currently have three buyers and one seller involved in short sale transactions. I also completed the Certified Distressed Property Expert or CDPE training. I am affiliated with RE/MAX Realty Group in Gaithersburg and our office sells nearly twice the number of listings in northern Montgomery County market. Additionally, I work with Shulman Rogers in Park Potomac to handle the short sale negotiations with your lender(s).

Please note that current Federal legislation is set to expire at year's end that could protect you from potential tax consequences. Time may be of the essence for you.

Please feel free to reach me at your convenience to discuss your situation further.
If you have had a short sale, foreclosure, or bankruptcy, CFS Mortgage will help you determine if you can qualify for a mortgage. Take the first step and visit http://www.whywaitbuytoday.com.
Hello, potential Seller,

Short sales have come a long way since 2006. At that time, banks were struggling to adapt to a new way of doing business but they now have in place processes and procedures and are finally getting these listings done in a reasonable time frame.

What is reasonable, you may ask? 90 days on the short side and 120-180 days on the long side. Of course, some short sales fall outside these timelines. Over the past 7 years, my colleagues at Signature Settlements and I have been very successful in closing all short sale listings we have worked on with a waiver of deficiency. It takes a competent team of professionals to stay on top of these lenders and negotiators to be the "squeaky wheel" so-to-speak and hammer away at them to get approvals for our clients.

Click here to learn more about how I can assist you in your Short Sale Home for Sale please visit my website and click on Short Sales Maryland.

Cathy Chapman, Broker Owner Agent
Signature Home Sales, LLC
http://www.SignatureHomeSales.com
301-514-6839 Cell
301-620-9880 Office
Hi, I've just closed three short sales, and I just received bank approvals for two more of my short sale listings.

I own the company and am the Principal abroker. I know that I can get your sale done quickly, and the team I've assembled gives me the confidence to say that.

Feel free to contact me for references. Cell: 301-807-3501
Email: piero@tibercreekrealestate.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012
i 'm looking for an agressive realtor that who will be able to help find a house on short sale or a foreclosure house with FAH loan
Hi AT,

We use ATC Legal and Financial for all of our short sales. They haven't let us down yet and have gotten a deficiency judgment waiver on all but one of our files.
Hello:

I'm Shanita T. Watkins, Licensed Real Estate Consultant, Prudential PEN-FED Realtors. We Staff a Real Estate Attorney to handle all short sales and other issues on a case-by-case basis.

How may I be of service ?

Our office is located in Olney Md , contact me via mobile 910.305.4323. Would like to help.
Good Morning atoz27:

I am a short sale certified realtor and work on a Team of Realtors (Team Gardiner). We have an attorney on our team that has been 100% successful in getting short sales approved. If a short sale is not the right option for you, you can speak with our attorney to find out your best solution. If you are considering a short sale, then you should move quickly as at the end of 2012, the IRS forgiveness rule will expire.

Team Gardiner has a combined total of 40+ years in the real estate business. Please feel free to give me a call at (240) 876-3424 or please feel free to e-mail me at pattys@longandfoster.com.

Have A Wonderful Day!

Patty
The one and only firm for short sales in Montgomery County: Law offices of Jill Michaels in Rockville, http://www.jillmichaelslaw.com/services.php
Incredible track record, great follow-up. Good luck!
I am closing a Bank of America short sale tomorrow were I obtained an "Approval" in 20 days and BofA is paying the seller $20,473 for relocation at settlement. I was able to have the second loan released for "0" payment. I have closed every short sale I have started and have a track record on short sales going back to the 90's when so one here even knew what a short sale was.

I normally do not use a settlment company for negotiation but do keep one in reserve if they are needed depending on the particular short sale situation.

I can provide references from previous and present Short Sale clients.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
gregorymyers@mris.com
Am sorry you are going through this situation, but am happy to assist in any way we can. I am a short sale attorney and real estate broker - we provide one stop shopping as it were. All we do is short sales - and we have done hundreds and hundreds of them in the last few years. Am happy to provide a free consultation (there's actually no cost to you at any time) if you want a sounding board or just some good strategic advice. In the meantime, I would invite you to check out our site, http://capitolshortsale.com , which has a wealth of information that may interest and guide you as you begin this process.

Best wishes.

Brian Gormley
Cornerstone Properties
443.739.7993
http://capitolshortsale.com
Hi Atoz27, I would be happy to assist. Our team focuses on the needs of home sellers who are in distress and in need of a solution. We have a 95-96% success rate negotiating short sales for our clients. For more information, please see link below.
I am a short sale agent throughout Maryland and hold a CDPE Certification (Certified Distressed Property Expert). I have been doing Short Sales since the change in the market back in 2008. I have negotiated and closed many Short Sales with many leading and small banks. My experience gives me an edge to negotiate on the owners behalf. There many changes for owners doing a short sale and I am on top of them so my client ( the seller) has full understading of the process. Getting a lawyer involved does not make it any easier or speed up the process, an experienced agent can get it done! One thing to remember as a seller of a short sale property; unlike a reslae home you the seller do not pay any closing. This is part of what the bank pays including the agents commission. You bring nothing to the settlement table. I would be more than happy to discuss your situation with you, explain what you can expect and give you insight to the process. This should not put more weight on your shoulders but releive some. Feel free to call anytime or email me so we can chat.
Hi At,

I found a Realtor who uses ATC and has successfully closed 4 short sales in your area so far this year. Call me if you'd like a referral!
Hi Atoz,

We use and recommend ATC Legal and Financial link attached. I can also help you find a good LOCAL Realtor and/or assist you in preparing a list of the right questions to qualify an agent.
My team has a 96% track record of taking a property from a listing to settlement through the Short Sale process. We have a Short Sale facilitator on our team ready to serve you. Please contact me through my website. http://www.MarylandHOMESTeam.com