Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

Sithandra Fi…, Home Buyer in Hawthorne, CA

I'm looking for an exclusive buyer's agent. I think I want to live in the South Bay, but I am open to other areas.

Asked by Sithandra Finch, Hawthorne, CA Wed Oct 10, 2012

Answers

12
You should search for agents only in that area. They will know the area better then anyone else.
Web Reference: http://resocialclub.com
Dear Sithandra,

You can find a "Buyer Agent" by looking on the Accredited Buyer Representative website located at http://www.rebac.net . Realtors who are ABR designated have taken additional courses in negotiations and other areas that are important to buyers.

It might be difficult to find a Realtor who "only" works with buyers, but you can find those who have more experience with buyers and who have nice references from previous buyers.

Best of Luck to you and Happy Buying!
Contracting with a buyers agent is the best idea, at least in the location I am in. The buyers agent will represent you the best and keep your interests first and foremost. Too many people think working with the listing agent is smart because they will get the best price on the home. Wrong... the listing agent represents the seller , not the buyer. I am sure if the locations are not too many miles or within the county you are open to, they will not mind representing you in other areas. Be sure you have been prequalified first so yo know what you can afford and be comfortable with your payments. You do not want a last minute disappointment Good luck
Donna Diorio
Long Beach Island NJ Homes http://www.DonnaDiorioRealtor.com
In the nine years I have been in the business and closed over 200 houses the only time I ever had anyone sign the buyers representation agreement declaring single agency only, bought one of my listings. The transaction went great. Both sides were reasonable and I was able to work well with both parties and remain friends with both parties. ( Not all duel agencies have been that great) I think you are trying to be a penny pincher and save every last nickle....by doing so you may eliminate the perfect house for you. The only time I would really have second thoughts is if the agent represents the developer/builder in a development. Then I would find an outside agent. Other wise...get an agent that you trust and look at all properties! Why sell yourself short. Good luck!
For a "real" exclusive buyer agent contact or check out http://www.naeba.org. The National Association of Exclusive Buyer Agents. A true exclusive buyer agent NEVER represents sellers and is with a real estate company that NEVER represents sellers. All other buyer agents have conflicts of interest and will stick you with dual or designated agency for in-house listings.
HI Sithandra! I work with tons of buyers,..and live and work in the southbay. There are many nice areas of the SouthBay as well as other areas...just depends on what you are looking for, what you may have already been used to...and where you are coming from. Once we decide what you like and what your criteria is...price range, type of property,how many beds, baths? What amenities you like, and things that are important to you..ocean view??? School system... etc...then we can narrow this down to areas fitting your requirements.
I love working with buyers...you can see my testimonials on here, and I have many more that u could feel free to speak to.
I think when it comes to shopping...you want to work with someone who is experienced yes and knows how to work with buyers....but also who you have a great rapport with, since this person is the person you will be spending alot of time with in going shopping for potential homes...getting your offer accepted and going through the entire escrow process all the way to closing. You need a buyer's agent who understands this whole procedure and is patient enough to work with you as a buyer and take the time to answer your questions and hold your hand through the entire transaction from start to finish, especially if you are a first time homebuyer and may not have bought real estate before...
Hope this helps and I'd love to help you.... feel free to call me 310-429-4170 or email me at
Shy@shysells.com or text me... no pressure just feel free to talk and ask questions...
take care...Shy:)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Hello Sithandra,

My business is primarily working with buyers.

Should you decide to go a little farther south for example:
(Long Beach, Cypress, Buena Park, Seal Beach, Garden Grove, Los Alamitos)

Give me a call , I would be happy to be of service, or simply answer questions about local schools, quality of life, demographics ect.

Best of Luck to YOU!!!

Kawain Payne, Realtor®
Hello

I can help you. I do live live in South Bay area :)

Please fill free to contact me at (323) 316-3300.
Talk to you soon
Hello there,

Feel free to give me a call .. I have lived in the South Bay and am very familiar with the area..I am from the South Bay... Grew up in Hermosa Beach... 310 869.1712

Give e a call and let me know exactly what you are looking for.

Madelaine Kolisnyk, Realtor
310.869.1712 | lic#01377862
Power Brokers International
I'll be happy to help you!

Please contact me anytime!

______________________________
Free Consultation 424-777-9377

Help with any Real Estate Transaction Buy & Sell!

Thank you for your time.

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855) ext. 777.

Sergey Fednov
President - Realtor
- Trust Sale Realty -
Residential & Commercial Real Estate
_______________________________
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855
Phone: 424-777-9377
Fax: 310-356-4925
http://www.TrustSale.com

I work with buyer's on an exclusive basis. Feel free to contact me directly to set up an interview.

Nancy Zelada
"A Commitment to Excellence & Results"
REALTOR®/DRE# 01729263
Renaissance Realty Group
Direct: (323) 603-6885
nancy@nancyzelada.com
http://www.NancyZelada.com
Congratulations on being a smart consumer. You are not in my area but if you're interested in the San Fernando Valley or know anyone moving here I would be happy to help.