Home Buying in Natomas Park>Question Details

Dan Young, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

I'm looking for a rent to own option, does anyone know of any homes that might meet this need. I would like to take possession July 1, 2013?

Asked by Dan Young, Sacramento, CA Wed Feb 20, 2013

Answers

4
Hi Dan,
This will be a tough search.
Ask yourself, why would a seller want to do a lease option today when they can sell
the property in today's market and put the money in their pocket today? Money today
is worth more than tomorrow, so somewhere there has to be an incentive to the
Seller. Rent to owns are more prevelant when the market is slow and the seller is
using it as a tool to get top dollar or above.
So be prepared for some tough bargaining.
As has been stated before, if you can buy today you probably should.
If you can't buy today, make sure you are 100% confident that you will be able to
perform when the time comes as non-performance on a lease option will cost
you money.
Good luck to you
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 20, 2013
Stop looking, don't do it. Rent a cheaper place than you can afford, and build up your savings.
Hi Dan,

There are several recent posts on this subject. I recommend searching to find what others have said. While there are some rent to own opportunities, it is typically in favor of the seller. If you are looking to take posssession so soon, why not just buy the home now? Most lease options will require a down payment where this down payment could go towards your outright purchase.

There are a number of loan programs available with a low down payment. I am happy to refer you to a loan officer and answer any questions you have.

I look forward to hearing from you.

David
916-420-3388
Hi Dan,

There are not too many rent to own out there, but you might search some of the on line & off line classifieds or for sale by owner sites. Your agent may also search on the MLS with the criteria filter of lease to own or owner financing.

Be aware that most lease to own require an option payment to the seller that is usually several thousand dollars and non refundable.