A2Goog, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

I'm looking for a realtor who specializes in historic property listings in Chicago - anyone know of one?

Asked by A2Goog, Chicago, IL Thu Nov 3, 2011

Answers

10
The best way to go about this is no different than with any other choice for a Realtor.

If you are selling, find someone who knows your neighborhood, understands the historical significance of your home and what value it brings to the market place.
if you are looking to buy a home like this, find a Realtor who has an eye for architecture, knows the neighborhoods you are interested in and is willing to do some homework on the houses in the area(s) that have historical significance.
Historic property is a very broadly defined category, so being able to articulate your preferences and what exactly your are looking for is going to be a big help to your agent.
A grand Victorian home in Beverly or Ravenswood is going to be quite different from a small Craftsman cottage in Edgewater or a Frank Lloyd Wright house in Rogers Park or a condo in a signature Mies Van der Rohe building on Lakeshore Drive. All are historic property.
Best of luck, like the others here, I would appreciate the opportunity to be of service in your search or sale.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 3, 2011
I can set up a search for exactly what you are looknig for.

Thomas Foreman
Kale realty
773-405-0600
Dear A2,
The first stop I would make would be to the City of Chicago Landmarks Dept. website. They have a wealth of information regarding tru landmarks and historical areas of the city. Good Luck!
I know the PERFECT match for you!

I work by referral business, if you contact me I will put you in touch with that person.

my team has an expert historical agent with 100 million in experience.. what do you need?
Web Reference: http://www.joeschiller.net
Your "tag" says that you are a home buyer, so this is somewhat confusing. Are you looking for someone to represent the sale of your historic home or are you seeking to purchase a home? These are two different aspects of representation. The listing agent of any home, historic or otherwise, does not represent you if you are interested in purchasing that home. The majority of my clients purchase vintage homes, and I have done a lot of work in Lakeview. Without knowing the price point, it's hard to give you more advice. If you are interested in discussing further, I'd love to talk with you.

Cindy Wilson
Koenig & Strey
cwilson@koenigstrey.com
773-383-9388
#1) Get prequalified first so you know exactly what you can afford. This is extremely important.

#2) Find a realtor who you can work with whose expertise should allow you to separate the wheat from the chaff. There are 72 properties currently for sale in zip code 60657 ranging in price from $400k to $4M.

#3) Buy the home

#4) Live happily ever after

I am a lender as well so I'd be glad to assist with anything that you need.
Many homes in Chicago fall into the class of historical depending on your desired area. Check out 10409 S Prospect in the historical district of Beverly this renovated 2 story sits on 3/4 acres with beautiful trees and flowers. Debbie Bergthold-Smith Classic Real Estate 708-267-5552
There are many homes like this in Chicago. So it really comes down to the area you are interested in and your price point. It is really neighborhood specific. But if you are looking for a truly one of a kind historic Chicago home, take a look at 817 W. Hutchinson (see link below). There is a broker open house on Tuesday that I would be more then happy to bring you to if you are interested in seeing it. As for a realtor who specializes in this, that might be hard since it is a small segment of the market. But I am sure many realtors out there have experience with these types of homes. Good luck to you!
There are a lot of agents that fall into this area. You will get a lot of answers on this. Interview two or three of these agents, and go with the one you mesh best with. I know a lot about these properties, and I would be happy to be considered.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Managing Broker/Partner, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Web Reference: http://AmericorpRe.com