tinahughes7, Home Buyer in Raleigh, NC

I'm looking for a house with a mother in law suite or and easy access room in the downstairs basement or garage.

Asked by tinahughes7, Raleigh, NC Wed Apr 2, 2014

must have kitchenette and bathroom

Answers

8
I recently listed a ranch style home in Clayton that may have what you are looking for. What used to be the attached garage was remodeled to include a living area, bedroom and full bath. It is on the side of the home that adjoins the kitchen. Take a look at my website listed below and check out 505 Fox Hollow Dr. It will be one of the 1st 3 FEATURE HOMES as seen near the top of the main page. If you wish to see the home, then give me a call.

Ernie
There are several options depending on your price point. Raleigh is big on 1st floor guest accommodations with full en suite baths!
There are a couple of homes in North Raleigh and Mid Town that meet this criteria. Have you found anything since you posted this? Give me a call or send me an email and I can send you over the listings.

Have a great day!!!!
That information is not very searchable on regular internet searches. We have tried to find a search that worked and couldn't so we had our web master create a search that enables me to set it up for you based on your criteria.

Here is a blog post I wrote recently that addresses the issue home buyers are having trying to find multi-generational housing:

http://search.jasonbgraves.com/search/results/in-law-suites-…

There is a sample of the search set up for you there.

Jason
Just like everyone else, what is your price range and which location are you most interested in. That will determine the listings that will be available to you And if you do find the property you like please do yourself a favor and be sure to get a buyers agent to help you with the viewing and paperwork - a buyers agent is the best tool you can have in your search for the perfect place.

Have a great evening!
Dawn Anderson
919.452.9379
Danderson@advantagecb.com
Tina... I'm going to ask basically what Michael did and what is your price point.? It does make a difference. Also, I don't see any mention of where you are focusing your search at. With those two key factors, I certainly could help you.

Feel free to also do your own searches using the home search tool on my website shown below. This search engine is similar to Trulia only that being directly linked to the MLS, it only shows active listings. Should you find something you would like to see, simply contact me directly and I'll be able to get you in.

Ernie Behrle
Northside Realty
Hi Tina,

Is there any particular area of price point that you are looking for with this home? I am actually currently working with a family looking for the same requirements in a home as you are so, so I've been able to see quite a few basement homes and homes with in-law suites the past couple months. If you have any specific requirements let me know and I know I can help you out!

I have a home listed in Wakefield which has a walk out finished basement which would make a perfect in law suite. The basement has a full bath, Bedroom, Family Room, Kitchen, breakfast area & a separate entrance. There is a walkway on the side of the house that provides universal access to the basement.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like further details.

Donna McGarry, Realtor
Coldwell Banker HPW
919 946-0170
mcgarryd@hpw.com