Home Buying in Jessup>Question Details

tkokchong, Home Buyer in Columbia, MD

I'm looking for a house that I can also do gardening.Is it possible? Let me know.

Asked by tkokchong, Columbia, MD Sat Nov 10, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3089934120-2012-Citrus-Ave-Je…

Answers

4
Most likely since I don't think this property is under any homeowner association restrictions. I'm a gardene too, so I know how important that is. This particular house does need quite a bit of work, and may need to be torn down and replaced according to the listing agent. It does have a half acre lot, so you would have plenty of room for gardens once the house is ready to live in, however . If you aren't already working with an agent, I'll be glad to help you explore the possibilities!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
I would be interested in properties around 250k with .5+ acre lot so please let me know. Thank you!
Flag Sat Nov 10, 2012
Tkokchong, you can garden in just about any single family property in the area. You first need to know how much house you can afford so get a pre-approval as soon as possible. Then decide where you'd like to live; close to work? good schools? close to relicious affiliation? close to shopping? close to recreation? There are many, many neighborhoods in all different price ranges in the Howard County area. Once you know where you want to live and how much you can afford, you can then search for properties in that area. A good Realtor will help you narrow that down by any other choices you might make. But don't buy a house just because you can garden, that could be a costly mistake if the house is in the wrong neighborhood for you, too expensive, too many necessary repairs, etc. I'm a gardnerer as well, I can garden in pots if I have to! Good luck with your search!
Yes Nellie is correct the house is just a brick shell and will need a lot of work. The yard is beautiful and looks like it would be great for gardening. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to view this house. I would be happy to show it to you.
Web Reference: http://www.suzyw.remax.com
Hi Tkokchong,

Beltsville also offers a lot homes with great back and front yards for gardening.