Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

mai, Other/Just Looking in Philadelphia, PA

I'm looking for a house in philly around the east falls, roxborough, west mt airy area

Asked by mai, Philadelphia, PA Sun Nov 25, 2012

I'm looking for something not too expensive and i'm open to looking at foreclosures in addition to regular homes. I'm not too open to short sales right now as i've realized they take forever. Earlier this year I wanted to buy a home in MD but now i'm looking to move back to PA since i have to be there for grad school. I'm an rn with excellent credit was qualified for up to 300k loan this year when i was looking to buying something in MD. I'm looking for something less than 200K,, preferably, less than 170. I'll have the money to put 20% down. I'm looking for an agent who wouldn't mind looking at foreclosures as well. The agent I worked with in MD made it feel like it was a pain and told me outright to stop looking at them. usually, when we looked at four houses, 1-2 will be SS or foreclosures. I saw a house on homesteps that i'm interested in. How do I find an agent that knows how to make an offer to freddie mac? Thanks.

Answers

13
Jonathan Unrath’s answer
I can make bids on many foreclosure homes. Let me know what your email address is and I will email everything I have in those areas in your price range. Email me anytime.

Jon Unrath
267 968 1505
Weichert Realtors Media
JUnrath12@comcast.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 25, 2012
Mai, while this property is not in Mt. Airy, it might be a consideration. You can view it online at http://www.606elocust.com .
I would also be delighted to talk to you and see if I am the right agent for you. I enjoy working in the areas you noted and have invested in a few properties there myself. Best thing to do is to meet with a few agents, select the one you trust. In todays market you might start looking for something specific , explore an different direction and end up finding something totally different. Key is to find someone you want to learn from and will work hard for you as you go through the learning process.

Scott Maritzer
The S i v e l G R O U P
Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors
Email: Scott.Maritzer@prufoxroach.com

As a trained architect and skilled realtor, let me help you navigate all aspects of owning a home.
I'm working on a HomePath purchase now in East Falls and have also sold in and am a fan of Roxborough. I'd be happy to help you in your home search. You can contact me to plan and schedule your search.
Aileen. Aileen@ewrhomes.com
Thank you everyone. Will be making calls tomorrow and after.
Hello, Mai,

The reason that your MD agent discouraged you from foreclosures is because they are typically a mess. You need to understand that those homes have been vacant for a long period of time; maybe left unheated, etc., and many problems develop, They also were inhabited by folks who had no money to make repairs, so there are typically lots of hidden issues.

I can help you if you would like to go the route of Freddie Mac, FNMA or anyone else. I think once you have explored these venues fully you will understand why they are purchases typically made by investors and contractors. Let's talk about it. People who work with me understand that I am working FOR THEM, so they are in charge of how we proceed. I can make suggestions, but ultimately you are in the driver's seat.

The areas you have chosen are very popular; East Falls and Manayunk will be a bit more pricey, but W. Mt Airy can get that way, too. If you would like to email me with your contact info, I would be glad to send you some homes that you can review on line - foreclosures and non-foreclosures. Then we can proceed as you would like. You can also see sold price and active listings at http://www.sendmyvalue.com 24/7.

I look forward to helping you with your search and purchase of a new home in the Phila area.

Carol Cei, ePRO, Realtor
ReMax Hall of Fame and Platinum Club
Five Star Professional
ReMax Action Realty
carol@carolcei.com
215.643.9661
Web Reference: http://www.carolcei.com
There's actually one foreclosure i've seen in philly that i'm interested in. Other homes i've seen online that i liked were regular sales. I'm just not looking for someone who'll complain the entire time should i decide to look at a bank-owned home. And i'm also not looking for someone who'll show me homes in areas i'm not interested in simply because a friend or a fellow agent has the listing and they thought it was "soo you". I actually got to see one bank home and one short-sale which B of A took their sweet time on after i made an offer, hence my aversion to SS. I'm not looking for something that's beat down but I wouldn't mind building equity either. I'm just looking for a buyers agent. I'll make calls when i get off tommorow to see who i can work with.
Thanks for the reply
Flag Sun Nov 25, 2012
Good Morning, Mai.

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Not only do I live in the Roxborough/Manayunk/East Falls area, but I specialize in working with buyers and sellers in and around here.

The best first step I like to take with a new client is to sit down and discuss your goals for home ownership. This allows us to see what it is you're truly looking for and then go out and find it.

If you would like to chat over a cup of coffee/tea, just let me know and we'll meet up.

Tim

Timothy M. Garrity | REALTOR®, ABR®, e-PRO®
U S Spaces, Inc. | #RS314897
2043 Locust St. 1F | Philadelphia, PA 19103
267-879-2716 - Call & Text
215-829-8850 - Office
PhillyUrbanLiving@gmail.com
PhillyUrbanLiving.com
Mai,

I would be happy to talk with you about your needs for your new home. I look forward to hearing from you.

Joshua Stein, REALTOR®
Coldwell Banker Preferred - Conshohocken
jstein@cbpref.com
Office:(610) 828-9558 * Cell:(215) 866-8030
Direct:(484) 270-1165 * Fax: (215) 999-5894

PA License #RS317975
I deal with many foreclosures as wellas regular sales. I would be glad to help you. You can reach me at 267-228-3910 or remaxnicks@gmail.com
Nick Sylvestro
Associate Broker
Remax Access
We deal with investors and foreclosures as well as private persons, like yourself. There is a healthy inventory of properties listed privately and bank owened. I would be happy to work with you to assist you with your search and purchase.
Dmytro V. Bova
Realty Mark The Diamond Group-Sales
Main Line Investors Group - Property Management
610-348-8383
610-449-1919
Good morning ,Mai.
I will be happy to help you I do all kinds of sales and have 15 years as a fulltime agent, doing so.Feel free to call me for furthur discussion.
Don A. Sherman-SRES
Century21 Advantage Gold
Cell-267-716-8228
Hi, I am an agent in that area, I can talk to my mortgage guy. Send me and email and we can discuss it. timothy.mcgoldrick@century21.com
I need to add that i'm single so I don't care about school districts right now. I used to live in center city when I lived in philly and may have to commute to jefferson downtown or drexel in east falls. thanks.