Home Buying in Austin>Question Details

Tedjr, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

I'm looking for a house in a good area that has been remodeled. Which neighborhoods should I be looking in? Which areas will I have the most

Asked by Tedjr, Austin, TX Fri Feb 21, 2014

options to look at remodeled homes?

Answers

13
Christi Baylor’s answer
It all depends on your price range. There are remodled homes in just about every range. So, if you are looking to spend $250K, then Tarrytown isn't a good fit. If you are looking in the $150-200K range - there are pockets in Round Rock, etc that would work great! It also depends on your definition of remodeled as well. Are you speaking of a home that is older that has modern touches (like linoleum to wood, or laminate countertops to granite), or a complete restore/renovation? There are many answers to your question - it just depends on what specifically you are looking for.

Hope that helps get the wheels turning...

Christi Baylor, Broker
UP Realty
512.788.3698
It all depends on whether you have kids or not. If not, you probably want to be in Austin proper, close to all the things going on in the city. If you do have kids, schools are something to be concerned about and the Round Rock ISD is the best in town. That being said, and what a lot of people don't realize is that even though Round Rock ISD has great schools, there are a number of different schools throughout the Round Rock area. Some are better than others, with Cactus Ranch (elementary) and Walsh (Jr High) being the top of the top with 10/10 scores.

We specialize in high end renovations and just put a property in Round Rock on the market that is quite impressive, and happens to be in the best school area.
Tarrytown, Hancock Neighborhood, South Congress and South Lamar are some areas that have many remodeled homes. Possibly Cherry Creek and some areas of Westlake depending on your price range. Those areas would be a great place to start your search if you're just curious or browsing.

I do recommend in this fast-paced market with low housing inventory, get pre-approved prior to actively searching and making an offer on a home.

Mahalo,
Ali Terrell
aliterrell@kw.com
http://www.aliterrell.com
How much do you want to spend?
What kind of return are you looking to make?
Hi Tedjr,

That is a broad question. There are several / many neighborhoods that are under revitalization and or remodel opportunities.. What general area (geographical location) do you desire? Any specific school district? How close to downtown or your workplace? What about the type of remodel- are you seeking a Historical home or just something older that has been updated? See? A lot of factors to consider and I only hit a few. I would be happy to discuss your specific needs more in detail with you. Once I have a better understanding of your specific needs I can better advise and / or educate you. Feel free to give me a call or email me. Please feel free to visit our website at http://www.cornerstonenewhomesolutions.com where you can search for homes via multiple criteria. I am confident we can help you.

Stephen B. McClain Broker Owner
Cornerstone New Home Solutions
512 876-3116
smcclain@cornerstonenewhomesolutions.com

http://www.cornerstonenewhomesolutions.com
Hello Tedjr,

Are you shopping for a Home before you shop for a Mortgage? It may seem backwards to shop for a mortgage before you shop for the house, but there are several reasons for doing this. Primary reason to shop for a mortgage is to let you know exactly how much home a lender will allow you to purchase based on your income and debt to income ratio. The Lender and only a lender/ banker can give you an immediate “APPROVAL” for the amount you’d like to borrow. This means the lender has looked over your credit and financial statement and agreed to lend you the money. Sellers & Agents like APPROVED buyers because there’s less risk the deal won’t go through.

So before you go talking to Dick, Tom & Mary Realtor only to be directed back to a lender for approval give me a call today and I can lock in today’s low rate without a property for up to 12 months protecting you if rates should skyrocket again. I have the expertise and knowledge to help you determine the absolute best loan program to meet your objectives. Get my Top 25 Questions for FREE that you should be asking your lender before you choose them to secure a mortgage along with a FREE copy of The 8 Deadly mistakes to avoid when buying a Home along with the top 10 question you should asked a Realtor before you choose them to as your Buyers representative. If you are already working with a lender, don’t be shy to give me call so I can price the same mortgage for you with less cost. What do you have to loose but your money?

My only job is to ensure that you make the right choice for you and your family as this is my ultimate goal. I am committed to providing my customers with mortgage services that exceed their expectations. As always, you may contact me by phone, fax or email for personalized service and receive expert advice from a Bank Mortgage Banker who is responsible for the decisions on all mortgages coupled with over 17 years of experience in the industry. I look forward to hearing from you! And making your dreams a REALITY.

Lowell Sterling
Mortgage Consultant
NMLS# 968898
LSterling@NewPennFinancial.com
http://WWW.NewPennFinancial.com/LSterling
5700 Granite Parkway, Suite 200 Plano, 75024
Office: 469-347-3572| Fax: 484-685-7757
Tedjr, Great question but there are no particular neighborhoods that are known for more remodels than others, although the older neighborhoods would probably be more apt to have such a property available. Your question is very vague as you are not indicating what part of Austin you want to live in, your price range, what type of home you are looking for, etc., etc.

If you are not yet working with an excellent, qualified Realtor, feel free to contact me and I can get some more details and lead you in the right direction. I work all over the greater Austin area and know of many neighborhoods that are "good areas" that may have remodeled homes available, again, depending on your price range, preference of style of home, commute time as one other agent mentioned, etc.

Feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to discuss what you are looking for, what price range you're targeting, and I can assist you in finding exactly what you're looking for a no cost to you. I happen to be one of the top Agents in the greater Austin area, am with the #1 Real Estate company in Austin, Keller Williams Realty, and specialize in all things Residential and Negotiations. I have a long list of very satisfied clients and also own a custom home building company so I'm familiar with the remodeling process as well. I also have some excellent inspectors to make sure that the remodeling was done properly and up to code not only for when you live there, but for when it's time to sell. Feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience and I will see what I can do to help! Thanks, Joe

Joe Jarusinsky, REALTOR®, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Call 512-261-4415
There are great remodels all over town. It matters most what your preferences are especially in regards to the Austin commute issue. This is a major factor in my opinion as to how I would guide your selections. I love the old hardwood floors that have made a huge comeback in some of the downtown neighborhoods and I have done a lot of business in Tarrytown and Deep Eddy, but you can also find some great remodels in the north campus Hyde Park and Hancock areas as well.

Give me a holler and we can put together a property tour and get a feel for the market! I specialize in Buyers Agency and would represent only you in any transaction and I do love the lost art of negotiation.

Mitch McKenzie
Broker/Owner
Star Republic Realty
512-591-8899
mitch@mckenzie.ws
There are so many, It's going to depend on your budget but tarry town, brentwood, crestwood, rollingwood. I can help more if you call or email me.
Are you trying to stay close to downtown?

Daisy Dongieux
Best Agents in Texas
Tel: 512 507-9005
Daisy@bestagentsintexas.com
There are so many options! It depends on price range and if school district is important to you? I'd love to help you with your search. Please feel free to email me: randee@austin.rr.com
Let me know your search parameters and I'll send you a complete listing report. If you'd like to see any of them, I'm happy to show you!

Randee Hainline
Keller Williams
CNE
512)423-8029
It depends on how much you want to pay. I am about to list a fully remodeled house in 78721 for $189,000.

Send me your e-mail address to jimschaffrath@gmail.com and I can provide details.
There are remodeled homes all over Austin. Depending on your budget and location preferences, I would be happy to show you homes that suit your needs.

Most likely you are looking for an older home, so that would be in the Central parts of town. Please feel free to contact me, and I would be happy to discuss your home buying goals without obligation.

Steve Nusinow
(512)922-7588
Hi, that is largely subjective on your price range. If you are looking for something in the 250s - 350s, I would recommend a few areas.

1) Cherry Creek in South Austin. This neighborhood is known as the neighborhood where people priced out of 78704 live and still want to enjoy the amenties of South Austin.

2) Windsor Park. This neighborhood is located near Mueller and frequently sees a lot of remodeled homes. One can purchase an older home in the 160s and resell it for around $350,000 after renovations. There are some stunning remodels in this neighborhood.

If you'd like some more information about these neighborhoods, please contact me and I will be happy to help you.

Jordan Gouger
Keller Williams
512-693-9297