Home Buying in San Mateo>Question Details

Dan, Home Buyer in San Mateo, CA

I'm looking for a house 3 beds , 2 beds , 1500 sq ft , price < 1M, good schools, knowledgeable realtor of San Mateo cities and not too busy

Asked by Dan, San Mateo, CA Sat Apr 21, 2012

Answers

11
Dear Dan,

Schools are a big factor when you decide to purchase a home. What type of school are you looking for Elementary, Middle or High school? Because that would effect the your search, and always call the school district to double check because even if the neighbors tell you that their kids are going to such and such school that does not guarantee that your child will go there! (and get it in writing from the district if possible) San Mateo and it's surrounding cities have many lovely home with excellent schools and unfortunately inventory is low now so you need an agent who is on top of things and who has access to pocket listings and pre open house showings as I noticed that many homes are selling before they get to the open house. I believe I'm well connected to the market and to other agents who might have listings that are not on the market so if you decided to pick your Real Estate team I would be honored to be part of it!

Haneen Hayder
Coldwell Banker
415-519-5544
Email: haneen.hayder@cbnorcal.com
Dear Dan,

There are properties in San Mateo County that fall into your criteria. I live in Foster City for over 10 years and am familiar with the Peninsula area. To start with, we can sit down for a buyer consultation. From then on, I can guide you through the whole process of property purchase. Buying a house is a big investment, but you can rely on me to help you through the procedures.

Suena Suen, CDPE, GRI
DRE#01764273
Tel: 650-787-2221
Email: suenasuen@gmail.com
HI Dan,
I would be happy to help you in your home search. The inventory is tight right now but your criteria is doable. I am very familiar with the peninsula and the area you are looking in. Feel free to call me should you have any questions.
Brandon Denman - Realtor
DRE # 01378663
Pacific Coast Real Estate
Brandondenman@comcast.net
http://www.mypeninsulahome.com
650-303-0880 cell
650-560-6143 e-fax
HI Dan,

I am a 2nd generation realtor who has lived on the Peninsula my entire life. I can definitely help you with all aspects of finding a home in just the right neighborhood. I have raised three kids in the public school system and can give you great advice on each community and their schools.

My company is a boutique, local firm which specializes in personal , one to one service. I am committed to each client and will dedicate myself to finding just the right house for you. Please let me know how I can be of help.

Warm Regards,

Pam Shaffer
Hi Dan -

My husband and I are full time agents working on the Peninsula. We live in San Mateo and are very knowledgable about the market. We would be happy to help you find a home.

While we believe you are very reasonable in your short 'want' list, we would like more clarification on 'good schools'. With few exceptions, San Mateo has high performing schools. We would want to talk with you further about how you judge a schools caliber (test scores, extra cirricular, teacher credentials). Schools are one of our areas of expertise so we will hopefully be able to help you find the right fit and one of several top schools.

If you are interested, we'd be happy to meet with you at our office and talk further about your home search -- what steps you've already taken, what homes yoiu may have seen that you liked and those you have not liked, At that time we can discuss neighborhoods, schools -- anything you'd like to get more comfortable with your options and with us.

Please feel free to contact us via phone 650-571-5611 or email at damelios@thedameliogroup.com.

We're top producing agents, but are proud to take a very personalized approach with our clients.

We look forward to talking with you -
Greg and Heather
As you have probably heard the market is crazy right now. Some inventory isn't even making it to market yet. Or properties are selling so quickly, buyer's who aren't on top of it are losing out on great homes.

Good schools is a relative term and because that is "generally" what most buyers are looking for, your school selection will pretty much line up with your price point (although not always, San Mateo Park is an example of an exception).

It would be helpful for you to create a list of items that are important to you so that you can provide it to the realtor you select. This will in turn allow them to get MORE of what you want in their search. And yes, things do come up off market, so it is important your realtor understands your nees and wants. My office is one of the largest on the peninsula, so I see it happen all of the time.

I wish you luck in your search. If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to contact me.

David Martin
Coldwell Banker
650-685-7621
David@SellPeninsulaHomes.com
Dan,
I would be happy to help you find a great home in a good school district.
I work with Coldwell Banker in San Carlos and am very familiar with the mid peninsula between San Mateo and Redwood City. Please call me and we can schedule a time to meet and go over what you are looking for in a house.
Rob Applegate
650-596-5461
Dan, when you ask for good schools, does that mean elementary schools and /or high schools? What API score do you consider a good score/school? Have you seen 626 Pico Ave, San Mateo? Lovely neighborhood ,seller states 1400sqft. so a little under 1500sqft. The market is moving very fast right now, multiple offers for homes in your price range, in desirable neighborhoods driven by good schools are the norm.
Hi Dan,
I applied to your previous post.I am an agent serves San Mateo County.

In addition I am knowledgable about short sales,foreclosures and luxury homes.

I would love to assist you on your home search.
I am sure you will receive several replies to this post.
But my advice is to google your chosen agent or check Trulia to see how many recommendations they have received.
If you google me you will find nothing but 5 stars.
Additionally, I have been recommended on Trulia as a Professional several times.

Please contact me for assistance finding the perfect home.

Thanks!
Taj Weldon
650-762-8804_Serving San Mateo, San Carlos, San Francisco
Tajweldon@connectrealty.com
DRE 01816152
Web Reference: http://www.tajcanhelp.com
Hi Dan,

I"m pretty sure I just answered your last question on Foreclosures. Read my reviews from past clients and then if you are good, we can a talk about your wants and needs and what's most important to you along with your expectations.

Tap
http://www.zillow.com/profile/DavidTapper/Reviews/
Hi Dan,
I would be happy to help you!
Here is the list of available properies in San Mateo as of today - April, 21.
3bed/2bath, 1500sqft and in the price range you've mentioned

http://listings.realtyfinancial.com/idx/7075/results.php?stp…

you can call me at 415-385-8949 or email to info@realtyfinancial.com
regards
Val