Home Buying in Kahului>Question Details

Sándor Lau, Both Buyer and Seller in Eugene, OR

I'm looking for a good realtor who can help me find investment property in Maui. I'm arriving Weds. 9-29-10 & want to look at

Asked by Sándor Lau, Eugene, OR Tue Sep 28, 2010

properties Thurs or Fri. I'm an investor from Oregon with family on the island and want to see what the market has to offer. I'm not really looking for vacation property for myself, but an investment with the highest cap rate possible to buy and hold and let it appreciate. I'm looking for a realtor who understands investing and can help me with the work of looking at the market and selecting the properties that meet what I'm looking for.

Answers

7

I have seen various methods used foe determining cap rate. Please share the method that use, if you feel so inclined. Many investors are trying cash flow in this challenging market, so it's interesting to see how various people define their "break even" point for investment purposes. I have noticed that our return on investment is generally lower than mainland, so you have search a little harder sometimes.

Good luck and have fun with your search.

Aloha,
Frank Diaz (RA), MBA, e-PRO
frank.diaz@eastoahu.com
Web Reference: http://hawaiihome.biz/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 28, 2010
Aloha Sandor
if you have questions about the foreclosure market come vist me at my office.
Kama'aina Properties Inc.
2008 Main Street
Wailuku, HI 96793
We have the most innovating and comprehensive pre & post foreclosure list available.

Jeff Griffin
Realtor® (Broker) ABR e-Pro GRI
808-280-3442 cell
808-244-4000 work
Web Reference: http://www.MauiRedList.com
Aloha Sandor,

Eugene! I was born and raised there. In fact my sister Kathryn Sampson - a realtor - lives in Junction City.

About Maui: If you are looking to buy in Kahului...I'm not the right agent for you. If you would be interested in South Kihei, then I can share my market knowledge with you. I am currently working with a few investors on the mainland and in Canada that will be purchasing for investment purposes...like yourself.

If you would send me your email I would be more than happy to send you a package - as an example - of what I just sent to my client in Canada. I believe you'll find the information extremely useful.

I hope to hear from you. My direct line is 808-633-1292.

Aloha,

Jeff

Jeff Graves I Realtor®(S)
808.633.1292 (Cell)
JeffGraves@ClearWire.net

Coldwell Banker Island Properties
34 Wailea Gateway Place, A-207
Wailea, Maui, Hawaii 96753
Aloha Mr. Lau,

My name is Wendee Bodden. I'm a Realtor with Keller Williams Realty on Maui, and am a partner with my brother, Chris Bodden on O'ahu. I've been a Realtor for about 20 years, lived on Maui all my life, and believe that I could assist you in your real estate needs.

I look forward to hearing from you in hopes that I can be of service to you.

Mahalo & have a great day,

Wendee Nalani Bodden, R(S)
NalaniMom@hotmail.com
(808) 281-6749
Aloha Sandor,

My name is Jeremy Stice and I am Realtor with Hawaii Life Real Estate Services here on Maui. Ron Margolis from our Kauai office referred me to you. I have a very strong knowledge of the Maui marketplace and I feel confident that along with my father and business partner, Tracy Stice, who has a been a broker here on Maui for over 30 years, that we can be of assistance to you with your investment needs.

May I kindly request your contact information so that I can get a better idea of your specific goals.

Aloha and have a wonderful day.

Jeremy Stice R(S)
Hawaii Life Real Estate Services LLC.
808.281.2178
Stice@HawaiiLife.com
Aloha my name is Martha Hinz from The Wailea Group. I just saw your posting in Trulia.
I have been doing Real Estate for over 10 years. I understand and know our market.
If you are looking to purchase an investment property on Maui and are not interested on buying a vacation rental property you could also look for homes that have ohana or cottages that can create more rental income.
As you know at this time we have a lot REO and Short Sale properties at great prices.
Nobody know when the bottom of the market will be, but if you are planning to purchase a home or condo and keep it for a few years this will be a better way to go.
There are also condos that are selling for very low prices and could give the possibility of possible cash flow.
If you would like more information or have any questions, please feel free to contact me at (808) 283-3952 or email me at martha@maui.net.
Have a wonderful day.
I'm referring you to Jeremy Stice from our Maui office. Have a good trip.