Anitace, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

I'm looking for a closing checklist for a multi-family building in Brooklyn, NY.

Asked by Anitace, Brooklyn, NY Wed Apr 25, 2012

Answers

3
Nor sure exactly what information/list you're looking for...however the best people to answer the question are your attorney and agent, consider a consultation.
Dear Anitace:

The question is a little vague but keep the following in mind:

1) You must get homeowner's insurance on the home you are purchasing before the bank will allow you to close.

2) You have the right as a buyer to do a "final walk-through" prior to the closing to make sure the condition of the house is the same that is was when you had first viewed the house.

3) You will need to transfer all the utilities on the property into your name (water, gas, electric). If the tenants pay their own then you do not have to worry about theirs.

4) If there are tenants in the house you should put together new leases spelling out all the terms of the rental.

5) Bring your photo ID and your checkbook with you to the closing.

These are the main ones that come to mind but there are many more to consider. Your attorney should be advising you about that (I assume you have an attorney). If I can be of further assistance please let me know. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Anitace,

Congratulations on your closing that is coming up. A closing checklist, depends on wether you would need it as a seller or buyer? Your Real estate attorney should and could advise you on what you would need to do before the closing.

Jade Munday
Madison Estates
718 614 1862
Web Reference: http://madisonestates.com