Home Buying in New York>Question Details

Oxana , Renter in Los Angeles, CA

I'm looking for 2BR house with land in Putam county,Westchester county.Is it possible buy less $100,000?Where can I buy for my budget?

Asked by Oxana , Los Angeles, CA Mon May 23, 2011

Answers

4
Be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously; therefore if you haven't done so yet, do visit with any qualified loan officer; also consider working with an agent of your own, he/she will be your best guide in locating a property that suits your needs.
Oxana, you could buy a 2-4 family home in Poughkeepsie for under $100m.
Hi, Unfortunately you won't find a single family home under 100,000 unless it is a foreclosure (which is still hard to come by) and in need of a ton of work. You might howveer find a 2 br condo in Dutchess for that amount if you are open to it.

Chris
100k seems low for that, and of course the amount of land you want will affect the price and availability of properties. we have a tool on our site where you can see what you get for your money, by county or community that might help you figure it out, or we can connect you with a great local realtor that knows the area inside and out, then you'll get a real sense.

thanks