Angie, Home Buyer in Ohio

I'm looking at buying in Sussex county, DE I'm wondering what's the average percentage for closing costs I can

Asked by Angie, Ohio Thu Feb 28, 2008

expect to pay?

Hi Angie, I agree. I tell my buyers plan on about 4-5% of contract price toward closing costs. Now if we can get the seller to pay some of that or if there are programs that you qualify for, you can definitely get in paying very very little costs. Sellers and builders are more flexible these days. Good Luck!

Carol Daniels
Creative Choice Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 14, 2008
Closing costs vary according to whatever fees the attorney and banks assign, including points. The largest single line-item for a buyer would be transfer tax, which is 3% total, usually split between the buyer and the seller. I usually tell clients to budget around 4-5%, which should cover everything within reason. One caveat to that is new construction, which can include impact fees in the thousands.
Web Reference: http://buyingatthebeach.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 28, 2008
Send me your specifics and I will send you a projected estimate of closing costs.

Stephen Wilson

Member of National Association of REALTORS®
GREEN - NAR Green Designee
GRI - Graduate, REALTOR® Institute
CELL 302-249-2576
995 N DuPont Hwy
Milford, DE 19963
OFFICE 302-422-2424
FAX 302-422-6787
E-MAIL swilson@harringtonera.com
Use Henry McKay's approach because it is client oriented and helpful without the "hungry dog" pitch.Be less aggressive and let the ball stay in the prospective buyer's court at this point.
Flag Fri Jul 17, 2015
Hi Angie, in Delaware we have transfer tax , 3% of total sale, 1/2 paid buy seller and 1/2 by buyer, the rule to follow is about 3.2% of the total sales price.example 300,000 sale = a $9,600 closing cost. this includes , attorney fee, transfer tax,prorations of utilities,taxes first year and if a condo, the association fees.I am a realtor with the largest company in the area and would be able to assist you.My web site is http://www.rehobothdtreamhomes.com and my name is Henry McKay 302-226-6648
Angie, Have you found a home in Sussex County, Delaware to purchase yet? I have a Fabulous 5Br, 3 1/2 Ba Home for sale by Owner. Check it out ! Willing to negotiate on the price.