Home Buying in Miramar Beach>Question Details

pier.rodelon, Home Buyer in Miramar Beach, FL

I'm looking at a property at 855 Grand Harbor East in Sandestin and can't find comparables

Asked by pier.rodelon, Miramar Beach, FL Mon Jun 4, 2012

Wondering if anyone has a comprehensive list of properties in this "neighborhood" sold over the last few years, and any other information or opinions about Grand Harbor. In particular, is it more residential or more rental?

Answers

2
Comps over about six months old are not really helpful. The market has really turned around here, It is tough finding accurate comps but it can be done if you widen the search to similiar areas. This is where knowing the area really helps
Hello Pier,

Will try to give you a little more information here. The average price per sq ft in the Sandestin Resort for 3 bedroom attached single family homes is 185/sq ft.

Much of Sandestin Resort townhomes is rental property, but there are also many part time residents who have these as their second homes. Sandestin provides all of the outdoor care, making it a great place for part time residents, snowbirds, rental by owner. Often the condos are rented by weekly renters, but many of the townhomes (attached single family) are actually long term residents.

There are no direct comps over last couple of years--I looked--the last one to sell was 854 grand harbour, and it sold in 2008 for $710,000. A good way to figure might be to look at the percentage of decline in prices since 2008 and take that off the 710,000. Another thing to consider is that there is only one on the market, which indicates to me that the availability of them is rare, and at 575,000 is probably priced about right.

If I can help you with this or other information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Myke Triebold, GRI, SFR, ABR
850-305-6256
MykeSaysSold@aol.com