Onejoh444, Home Buyer in Valrico, FL

I'm looking at a house that I like , It listed at $365,000.00 and I want to pay cash for the house ,I have 275,000.00 cash would I be able to

Asked by Onejoh444, Valrico, FL Fri Nov 15, 2013

get it

By looking at the numbers alone, I would have to agree that your chances for success are very "doubtful!" The days of discounting Florida property asking price by $90,000 are thing of the past.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 15, 2013
I think that making an offer 90,000 less than the asking price is really unrealistic. Your agent should do a CMA to verify what the property is truly worth and what other similar homes in that area are selling for. If the CMA comes up close to the amount that you are wanting to offer, go for it. However, on the flip side if you make an offer $90,000 less and the property is truly worth $365,000 you will most likely end up offending the seller. Good Luck to you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 15, 2013
No... That's straight unrealistic... unless the home is only worth $275K-$300K. What are the other model matches selling for?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 15, 2013
You never know until you try. My suggestion would be to write a very clean offer, and show that the cash is immediately available, and offer a fast closing. Should you want assistance with this, I am available on Saturday.
Garth Jones
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 15, 2013
Probably not with the market in that area, I can get you with a buyers agent to look up comparables to see if it's possible. If not just get a loan for the remaining amount..
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 16, 2013
Is it actually "active" or is it only accepting backup offers and "active with contract"? Many listings on Real Estate websites are already under contract so your first step is to work with a Realtor to verify the property isn't already under contract.

If the seller needs a higher sale price are you able to get a small mortgage from a credit union? You may even be able to find a seller to hold a small mortgage since you would be putting most of the money down.

If you're working with a Realtor, he/she can help you figure out what the property is worth. Who knows it may not even be worth $275k. Some Sellers are overpricing their properties in this "seller's" market and in some cases they are absurdly overpriced.

Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
I am probably the only Realtor that will give you the honest answer. That answer is NO. If the seller is willing to sell the property at 275k they would have listed it at that price. I would recommend adjusting your search criteria. Good luck!

Andrew Schmitt
Yellowfin Realty
Sales Associate
Call an Realtor to assist you with contacting the seller to place a offer. Wish you all the best!
Hi, its always a possibility. Its just a matter of putting in an offer and see if the seller will take it. Let me know if you would like to put an offer in. Feel free to contact me
The value of a home is what someone is willing to pay for it and what a willing seller will accept. One never knows if those meet unless you make that offer to the seller.

As suggested by the agent in FL, make sure that you are accurately conveying your offer; that this a cash offer, the details of your offer and I agree on offering to close as quickly as possible. This typically gets a sellers attention. Best of luck.
Your offer strategy is one you and your Realtor should work on together, as there are many nuances and details to be factored in. If I may assist, please contact me.