Home Buying in Dana Point>Question Details

caryldarren, Home Buyer in Laguna Beach, CA

I'm living out of state and want to rent out my home seasonally. Are there real estate management companies that can handle this for me?

Asked by caryldarren, Laguna Beach, CA Sat Oct 5, 2013

Answers

8
I have successfully used Airbnb for renting a room/bathroom in my home. Go to their site and check it out. My place is listed as "Santa Monica's perfect townhome". All of my guests are very respectable Europeans, mostly, who visit the area for research at UCLA or touristing in S.M. They had a professional photographer come out and take pics of my home for free. You can pre-qualify your guests in case you don't feel comfortable with them. I went from renting my spare room for $700 a month to renting by the week for $550, and for the month for $1485.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 18, 2014
I've had great success with airbnb. All the work is done online, they had a professional photographer take pics of my home (which look fantastic), and take 3%. I now get $575 per week instead of $700 a month. . .
Hi Caryl Darren,

Thanks for asking this question on Trulia! It is a good one!

There are real estate agents that specialize and work with vacation rentals. Is the home you wish to rent out in Laguna? In Laguna you can get a really good income from vacation rentals. We are generally looking at an average of 65% occupancy throughout the year and up to 100% during the summer. Just to give you an idea of what you might be able to get: A nicer, average 4 bedroom house walking distance to the beach can get you around $5,000 to $6,000 a week during the summer and about $10,000 a month.

A lot of people who own homes here in Laguna -and who live out of state- rent out their homes. If you don't want to deal with the risk of weekly rentals you can rent out your home monthly. I am not be sure if there is a successful individual or company that does only vacation rentals, but you might find individual agents who are wiling to help you out. Especially if you are looking to rent your house on a monthly basis. If you choose to do weekly, it becomes a little harder to find help from a real estate agent (because weekly rentals require a lot of the agents time). For weekly rentals, most homeowners here just use VRBO.

As it turns out I am involved with vacation rentals in Laguna Beach. If you would like to talk to someone about the possibility of renting out your home you can always give me a call. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have and help you figure out the right price to ask for your house. No obligations of course.

Have a great day,

Jaleesa Peluso
Berkshire Hathaway Laguna Beach
http://www.jaleesapeluso.com
949 395 0960
jaleesa@jaleesapeluso.com
Where is your house that you are interested in renting out seasonally. There are sites like VRBO, there are also property management companies who concentrate in particular towns. If your in Laguna Beach, I'm in Dana Point - give me a call at 949-933-2545 and I can expound on your options.
There are Orange County property management companies who handle vacation rentals. Interview a few and see which is the best fit for your needs.

You can also consider doing it yourself through http://www.vrbo.com. It could be cumbersome doing the work yourself, especially being out of state, but if you're up for it, it's a viable option.
Laguna is a very desirable vacation rental destination. Do you want to handle the rental yourself or do you want management? Prioritize your time, especially if you are not in Laguna.
susan@topbrokernetwork.com
949-933-2545
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Hi Caryl Darren

Yes, I can give you a couple of names of property management companies. Contact me and I will send them over to you. I do need to know which state you are in and the city

Talk to you soon

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Caryldarren,

I do property managment and rentals. If you property is local in Orange County give me a call.

Joe Homs
949-625-4533
Web Reference: http://thehomsteam.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013