Home Buying in Jackson>Question Details

Roland Landry, Home Buyer in Mount Gilead, NC

I'm just wondering why the sudden price drops with this property? I can be reached anytime on my cell 207 333 8196. Thank you. Roland

Asked by Roland Landry, Mount Gilead, NC Wed Jan 22, 2014

Answers

2
What property are youi asking about?
Roland,
You didn't include a specific property, so we can't give you a specific answer. Chances are the seller is pursuing a strategy of sticking at a price for a while and then doing price drops to increase their showing activity.
This can be a way of stirring the pot, but usually is an indication of an overpriced listing to begin with. When they hit the right point, they will get an offer, but sometimes a buyer noticing the pattern may hold off until they reach a certain point. This is also a dangerous strategy because that buyer is not alone and may lose out if they want the home.
My advice is to view the property, check it out thoroughly and if you believe you want to own it, write an offer that makes sense to you based on the market research your agent does for you. Whether the offer seems low or not, if it reflects the value of the home to you and is informed by the market give it a shot. Good things happen when you put things in writing.