Camryn, Home Buyer in 94553

I'm just starting to look at 94553. It seems reasonable. Why? Forclosure properties? Or?

Asked by Camryn, 94553 Tue Sep 7, 2010

I'm ready to scale down. My house is getting to big for me but wanted to stay near 94591 but not have to use the bridge. I'm not familiar with the Bay Area since I only moved to Northern California 7 years ago. Looking for a Townhome with a little plus. Meaning view but no pool. What would be a better area besides Martinez?

I would appreciate some information. Thank you, (Note) : please, no other e-mails besides to answer my question.

Answers

6
Martinez is a small friendly community. If you go close to downtown, homes are older and smaller. There are lots of newer homes along HWY 4 and closer to Pleasant Hill borders. I would recommend looking in Pleasant Hill and Concord too. Walnut Creek is a nice town, but pricer.
If you like Martinez but are looking for maybe just a little bit nicer community, I would highly recommend Pleasant Hill. Prices will be slightly higher but you are getting what you pay for. Pleasant Hill is a safer community with a new invigorated downtown district. Also, a lot of townhome options in Pleasant Hill. It also has great access to freeways 680, 24, and 4.
Hi Camryn-

There are so many great Townhome communities in the East Bay- Concord, Martinez, Walnut Creek and Pleasant Hill and more down the 680-24 corridor . What is your budget? where do you work? where do you play?

Good Luck Camryn
Camryn,

There are a lot of areas to consider crossing the bridge. Pinole, Crockett, Richmond and Hercules are all nice options. Going further in means more travel time relative to Vallejo and I would guess you ahve many more townhouse options.
Web Reference: http://bob2sell.com
What are you looking for in a neighborhood? Where do you work, or what do you like to do for recreation? As you are finding, there are a lot of great areas in the Bay Area, Parts of Martinez and Benicia are very nice, though they are a bit industrial and not real close to most of the jobs (in SF, Oakland and the Silicon Valley) so the prices are lower. Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek, parts of Concord, parts of Oakland, Dublin, Pleasanton, down the 680 corridor are all nice areas too- it all depends on what your lifestyle is. Let's talk about that and your budget first. I have lived in all over the bay area for over 25 years, so I think I can help you narrow down your choices!
Hi Camryn,

Martinez prices are affordable. Then I suggest Concord ,Walnut Creek ,Clayton, Pleasant Hill.

It really depends on what exactly you are looking for in the new town house/condo "size,number of besdrooms and baths" , proximity to shops or freeways, plus the price range you are comfortable with. There is plenty out there to choose from. But then, what will determine where is what you are looking for.

To discuss further please contact me.

Heba Rayan
COLDWELL BANKER
Tel.: 925-216-3006
Fax.: 925-208-2933
Email: heba@calfineliving.com
Department of Real Estate
DRE License # 01722870