Home Buying in Rohnert Park>Question Details

Jose Aantonio, Home Buyer in Santa Rosa, CA

I,m interested to buy mobile home please call any time me 707 3931514 antonio thank,s

Asked by Jose Aantonio, Santa Rosa, CA Mon Feb 6, 2012

Answers

2
John Arendsen’s answer
Just make sure you avoid a Pre HUD, (built before June 15, 1976). Be wary of caustic and carcinogenic chemicals in some of the buildig materials i.e. formaldahyde in the flooring, tile, particle board, cabinents, countertops etc., and asbestos in the insulation in the walls floor tiles below the flooring and above the ceiling. Also be aware of asbestos in some floor tiles.

You should definitely get a home inspection done by an experience manufactured home inspector and not just any home inspector. They should thoroughly check your understructure to make sure the home is level and the pier jacks and wood pads are in good shape and securely placed in the right locations and tight.

Also make sure they check for rips or tears in your vapor barrier, aks varment barrier. Rodents and critters love to nest in this plenum and rats have been known to eat wiring. Make sure there's no drainage, dampness or mold issues.

Finally make sure the home has a Housing and Community Development (HCD) approved Earthquake Resistant Bracing System (ERBS) system under it as the entire desert area is in a Zone 4 seismic area which is the highest risk catagory.
If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to refer you to a reliable MH inspector in your area. Good luck._________________________________
I've done many mobile home transactions, and will be happy to work with people interested in considering them! As they are different in construction from regular construction, it's important to have an agent that can explain the differences, and things to particularly watch out for. If you know of anyone in need, please give me a call. Terry Bell, CPS Real Estate, Santa Rosa, CA
cell: 707-292-5712
TerryinSR@aol.com
http://www.TerrysHomes4sale.com