Home Buying in Boca Raton>Question Details

Kevin Bronsf…, Home Buyer in Boca Raton, FL

I'm interested in viewing property in The Bridges and The Oaks. Need your Thoughts on Which to Buy??

Asked by Kevin Bronsfeld, Boca Raton, FL Sun Apr 7, 2013

My budget is 1.5 - 2.5 million. I don't mind waiting to build, and I also don't mind closing fast. I haven't viewed property at either. Looking for a big house on a big lot. Same builder, so wondering why I would pick one over the other.

Answers

20
Hello Kevin,

Love to help you view property. My name is Chris Petrucci with the Valore Group. My cell is 1.954.274.7529 .. I think you need to view the properties and the area and see which one community works better for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any questions you might have. I can also email you all the Properties available as well ..
Dear Kevin,

There are many options including The Bridges and The Oaks. I am sure that whatever decision you make, you will definitely be happy. I would love to discuss your financial options with you. When buying a house, it is very important to use your budget as best you can.

A a mortgage professional, I will give you the personal attention you deserve and treat you with the respect due a valued customer. You are making a commitment in buying a new house and I will make a commitment to you. We will help you qualify, apply and be approved for the right mortgage loan for you. Not anyone else!

Please contact me to discuss further details.

Neil Lavikoff

Email me at: neil@bocamortgageloans.com

http://www.bocamortgageloans.com
Foundation Mortgage Corporation
Boca Raton, FL 33432
Choose an established community--The Bridges is awful. All cookie cutter houses lined up in rows. Big ostentatious houses on small lots. No privacy. Go to Long Lake if you want west of turnpike. Les Jardins for central location.
Kevin,

With a budget of $1.5M to $2.5M I would not even consider The Bridges which is GL Homes latest community. Both communities are located west of the Turnpike with The Bridges in Delray and The Oaks in Boca. Big is a relative term and I would not consider the parcels in either location to be large but your budget would be better suited for a home in The Oaks. The Oaks was developed by Kenco which is not affiliated with GL Homes.

With your budget there are many opportunities throughout Palm Beach County but a much better definition of the needs of you and your family is needed before any realistic recommendation could be made. If you have children then schools will be critical. If you are seeking a larger lot then the parcel size is certainly a factor. Since you are looking that far west one would assume that water access is not an important consideration.

The very best thing you can do is locate a qualified Realtor who can properly assist you in clearly defining your objectives and designing a game plan to help you meet them. I would certainly be honored to be included on the list of any Realtors® you may choose to interview and am happy to be of help to you and your family with any, and all, of your real estate needs throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"
Another thing to consider is construction "dust". Even though The Oaks has not sold out and lots are still available to build on, most of them are concentrated in the last phase on the East side of the community, 90% of the community is built out already. If you were to buy now in The Bridges, you would be getting in on the first phase and will have to deal with the construction for a few more years until they are built out.

This home is one of the largest in The Oaks and was built by Gordon Homes.
http://www.trulia.com/property/1088287677-17590-Circle-Pond-…
Hi Kevin!

I bought a house there (The Bridges) and I could recommended absolutely!!!
Just call me (561)285-7499
I'm very familiar with both as well. The Oaks doesn't have models, and is older than the bridges. I would start at the Bridges new phase just opened and there are some nice lots available. Building is a around 14 months. I can provide you with more information.

Please contact me and I will share my opinions on and concerns with both developments. I would be happy to take you to both so that you can have a better idea of which best suits your needs.

Chris Petrucci
The Valore Group
954.274.7529
Hi Kevin,

Why these two communities? Why not also consider Le Revage and Royal Palm Yacht and Country Club? These communities will give you newer homes on large lots.

If I can be of further service please contact me directly.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com
Kevin,

Both are great tennis communities. The oaks is already one of the best and most active tennis community in Boca that is not a country club.

My personal opinion is I prefer established communities over new. By the way you can build new now in the oaks with standard pacific homes or possibly even GL luxury homes.

I honestly think the bridges is priced too high right now and there lot premiums you would be looking at would be around 350k. Let me know if u have any questions on either community. You may call or text me at 561-756-3104 or just respond to the post. Whichever decision you make both are great communities to choose from. Good luck
You mentioned that you would like your home in Boca Raton to be large but also to be on a large lot.

The Bridges does not offer large lots. The Oaks has very few homes on larger lots. Currently there are two within the price range you mention with larger than average lot sizes: one is .48 acres and the other is .64 acres.

However, if you really want a sizeable plot, you may want look at the very large and very elegant resale homes in Long Lake Estates and in Fieldbrook Estates.

If lots of approximately 1/2 acre are sufficient, you will find that most of the homes in Les Jardins will provide you wih that size lot.

Finally, you may want to look at homes in Rio Poco, which are large and situated on one acre lots just off route 441.

All these homes are districted for Boca Raton's excellent schools.

To see currently available homes in Long Lake Estates, go to: http://properties.jablonteam.com/904421w/index.php?main=subd…

To see currently avaiable homes for sale in Fieldbrook Estates, go to: http://properties.jablonteam.com/904421w/index.php?main=subd…

To see currently available homes for sale in Rio Poco, go to: http://properties.jablonteam.com/904421w/index.php?main=subd…

To see currently available homes in Les Jardins, go to: http://properties.jablonteam.com/904421w/index.php?main=subd…

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com

To see currently available homes for sale in the Oaks, go to:
LOCATION,LOCATION,LOCATION...NEW VS.OLDER COMMUNITY..IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS THIS AND OTHER COMMUNITIES MORE EAST PLEASE CALL 561-350-8386
Hello Mr. Bronsfeld,

I have previewed The Bridges as well as registered a client there, and I have also had quite a bit experience in The Oaks. With that said, I have formed a professional opinion as well as an opinion from a legal standpoint (I'm a Florida Real Estate Attorney and licensed Realtor.). Please contact me and I will share my opinions on and concerns with both developments. I would be happy to take you to both so that you can have a better idea of which best suits your needs.

I look forward to serving your Real Estate needs.

Lilia Biberman, P.A.
Coldwell Banker,
Residential Real Estate LLC
561-352-4576
Liliabiberman@gmail.com
Both communities are beautiful. They are different builders but same school zones currently. The Oaks can offer larger lots and a more mature community, referring to the landscape and established amenities. The HOA fees are higher at the Oaks. I have taken several clients to the Bridges and all were very satisfied. I am a local realtor and live close by in a GL home If you would like my assistance with viewing homes in the Boca Raton Delray beach area feel free to contact me.
Marni Zuckerman
Signature International Real Estate
ListWithMarni@gmail.com
561-613-9335
The Oaks is an established community that is still not sold out after more than 12 years. G.L. Homes only took over within the last few years. They are building a less expensive line of homes. The Bridges is new, and many are buying in there. I've sold in both communities. Please free to call me. I live in the area and know it well. Please feel free to call me for more information. I would love to work with you!
Bridges is newer, though both have beautiful homes. Newer means newer amenities, fixtures, flooring products, appliance models et al down the line.

Some buyers feel that when you move to a new community that is friendlier because "everyone is in the same boat," and people ARE friendly.

I just sold a 4 bedroom house in Bridges in Coastal community with beautiful lake view. Clients are thrilled.

I live in Delray Beach not far from both communities. Both are beautiful communities.

Kevin, I would be happy to show you both communities and you can decide yourself. You SHOULD have your own agent as their agent is responsible to the SELLER not the BUYER. If you already signed in, in both places, an outside agent would not get a commission.

Marilyn Jacobs
561-638-9818 marilynfjacobs@gmail.com
Jeffrey Ray & Associates, Palm Beach
The Oaks is a bit more exclusive, with the starting price of around $700,000. The Bridges starts around $500,000. You would probably get a larger, more private home in The Oaks for the money.
Kevin, before you view the property I would recommend discussing your purchase with a real estate consultant like myself. this would be done at no cost to you, and can save you thousands, along with guiding you through the options. feel free to call our email me anytime, id be happy to discuss it with you, and show you the property. Jared Niles, MBA Broker and Owner, Tangent Realty. 561-922-5868
Also the Oaks and The Bridges are 2 different builders. The bridges is GL and the Oaks is... Kenco I believe.
I'm very familiar with both. The Oaks doesn't have models, and is older than the bridges. I would take a start at the Bridges as pla new phase just open and there are some nice lots available. Building is a bit behind around 14 months. I can definitely provide you with more information. Feel free to give me a call.
- Amanda Zuckerman
Prudential Fl Realty
561-350-0272
Web Reference: http://www.zteamhomes.com
Going shopping for a mortgage. It may seem backwards to shop for a mortgage before you shop for the house, but there are several reasons for doing this. Shopping for a mortgage will also help if you can get “pre-approved” for the amount you’d like to borrow. This means the lender has looked over your credit and financial statement and agreed to lend you the money. Sellers like pre-approved buyers because there’s less risk the deal won’t go through. First, you’ll find out how much you can borrow, which has a lot to do with how much house you can buy. Get my top 25 Questions for FREE that you should be asking your lender before you choose them to secure a mortgage.

Whether you’re, buying, or building your dream home, you have a lot riding on your decision. Market conditions and mortgage programs change frequently, and I welcome the opportunity to serve your needs with quick and accurate real estate financing advice. I have the expertise and knowledge to help you determine the absolute best loan program to meet your objectives.

Ensuring that you make the right choice for you and your family is my ultimate goal. And I am committed to providing my customers with mortgage services that exceed their expectations.. As always, you may contact me anytime by phone, fax or email for personalized service and expert advice.

I look forward to working with you!

Lowell Sterling
Mortgage Banker
NMLS# 968898
LSterling@englending.com
16800 N. Dallas Pkwy, Suite 290 | Dallas, TX 75248
Office: 972-646-2411 | Cell: 214-418-7022 | Fax: 214-614-4637
Bank of England /dba ENG Lending: NMLS# 418481